tinting supply boats

Ive been tinting for a long time now, and have tinted about everything I can think of, but now I live in south La. where the offshore oil business is big....My question is has anyone ever tinted big supply boats, 65-300 ft boats, and how do I charge for it, by the sq. ft or by the job....the company has 240 boats....thanks for all the help and thanks for all the help over the yrs...... :dunno

Guest scottydosnntkno
Ive been tinting for a long time now, and have tinted about everything I can think of, but now I live in south La. where the offshore oil business is big....My question is has anyone ever tinted big supply boats, 65-300 ft boats, and how do I charge for it, by the sq. ft or by the job....the company has 240 boats....thanks for all the help and thanks for all the help over the yrs...... :twocents

I find it a little fishy that you have been tinting for so long and don't know how to bid out a job like this....

anyways, it would I assume be the wheelhouses of the boats, since tankers dont have a lot of windows on the actual body? Pricing depends on how many they commit to doing through you. I would suggest using your normal rate, not the volume discount one. Tell them you are giving them a volume discount because of the number of ships, but then bump it back up because it is probably dirty being boats, and that there are probably smaller windows, not larger ones like a large volume discount commercial job.

Guest absolutetinting

I would charge as much as possible.

I've tinted many yachts and I was always the most expensive. I always got the job.

if the captains feels you know what your doing and you ask intelligent questions. money isn't an object.

they just want you to be professional.

the last yacht I tinted was 120 ft, I charged $95.00/window piece of cake. 8 windows all 36"x40" then added 16 more.

we use gr/sil/gr from solar gard. looks like limo auto film, but w/ dry adhesive. I wouldn't use solar gard auto it's junk.

Guest CajunTinter
Ive been tinting for a long time now, and have tinted about everything I can think of, but now I live in south La. where the offshore oil business is big....My question is has anyone ever tinted big supply boats, 65-300 ft boats, and how do I charge for it, by the sq. ft or by the job....the company has 240 boats....thanks for all the help and thanks for all the help over the yrs...... :lol

Once you get to 10 posts PM me.... :twocents

Ive been tinting for a long time now, and have tinted about everything I can think of, but now I live in south La. where the offshore oil business is big....My question is has anyone ever tinted big supply boats, 65-300 ft boats, and how do I charge for it, by the sq. ft or by the job....the company has 240 boats....thanks for all the help and thanks for all the help over the yrs...... :flip

Once you get to 10 posts PM me.... :welcome

:evilgrin Good answer! :lol2

Ive been tinting for a long time now, and have tinted about everything I can think of, but now I live in south La. where the offshore oil business is big....My question is has anyone ever tinted big supply boats, 65-300 ft boats, and how do I charge for it, by the sq. ft or by the job....the company has 240 boats....thanks for all the help and thanks for all the help over the yrs...... :evilgrin

I find it a little fishy that you have been tinting for so long and don't know how to bid out a job like this....

anyways, it would I assume be the wheelhouses of the boats, since tankers dont have a lot of windows on the actual body? Pricing depends on how many they commit to doing through you. I would suggest using your normal rate, not the volume discount one. Tell them you are giving them a volume discount because of the number of ships, but then bump it back up because it is probably dirty being boats, and that there are probably smaller windows, not larger ones like a large volume discount commercial job.

I know how I would bid the job, I just wanted some input from everyone who might any better ideas so I dont make any mistakes at something this big

Archived