What would you do?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tint Wife? was the court case 13 years ago for the same thing? I take it not or you would not be in this situation now....

Nah, totally unrelated. 13 years ago I was young, still green to the industry and believed in freedom of choice, let's just say that it involved a difference in ethics and subsequent broken bones, some people have long memories so like I said it could be personal.....nobody likes loosing.

"Midnight" They trademarked it last week, but I can prove longterm use, doing that will cost though. My shop uses it as a label ID for our mid range film.

Thats crazy. Some people must not have anything better to do. If it was me....I'd change it, to (aMidnight Shade) small a and large A with a Shade at the end. Trademark that with legal zoom and be done with it.

:thumb

Guest Bulldog

People ultimately are buying from YOU, not because of the name on the wall......dont sweat it.

BTW, I'm pretty sure that somebody other than the people that you are referring to own the trademark. I'll check.

So another manufacturer/dist opens a tint shop near you but you are a rep for a manufacturer and own a shop... other than the silly lawsuit it sounds like you are both doing the same thing.

LTL - I have no problem with their new shop their adverstising raises awareness of tint and is therefore good for my business. There are however some key differences between us, I don't own the manufacturer/ dist that I work for, nor do I run a franchise and their franchise is company owned, in other words they are a manufacturer who sets up direct competition against those who they want to buy film from them.

So another manufacturer/dist opens a tint shop near you but you are a rep for a manufacturer and own a shop... other than the silly lawsuit it sounds like you are both doing the same thing.

LTL - I have no problem with their new shop their adverstising raises awareness of tint and is therefore good for my business. There are however some key differences between us, I don't own the manufacturer/ dist that I work for, nor do I run a franchise and their franchise is company owned, in other words they are a manufacturer who sets up direct competition against those who they want to buy film from them.

Where the hell is this going on? Sounds like one manny with a rep operating a shop, another many setting up a franchised shop, then all the other guys!

Archived