Car as transfer board

Guest tint51

When doing back glass can you use the back glass as a transfer board by reverse rolling or doing the "Califorina roll"..

Don't have much room for big transfer board..

Id franky it myself, but no prob setting up for a reverse roll using the backglass. Not quite sure what a cali roll is :coffee

I beleive it is the same a franky.. fold onto itself onto sides..

I use the back glass often to set up my reverse roll.

Just be sure you clean above the glass very well, so you don't wash trash onto the film when pulling the liner and wetting the film...

Also, I like to clean the shrinking soap off before I do it, it gets too slippy on the wrong side and makes it a bit difficult to handle...

Guest scottydosnntkno
Id franky it myself, but no prob setting up for a reverse roll using the backglass. Not quite sure what a cali roll is :thumb

He means the reverse roll, I think only people outside of California call it the California roll :thumb

I'm from michigan, and have NEVER heard it called the "cali roll" here from any tinter I know. The first time I ever heard that term was just recently when reading through the dealer section of JWF's website. Maybe only people IN cali call it that?

Also to shady- I've always used the backglass for the reverse roll, and have never done it any other way. Its how I learned, and its how I've always done it because it works good for me. The film is already anchored down, so it won't move when you peel the liner, and you can put the liner back on and line it up almost perfectly because the film is not buckled like I see a lot of times on a peelboard. I'm a mobile tinter, and do a lot of work out of my garage, but I don't even own a peelboard. I've always learned to just tint off the car, and its the fastest and easiest way for me. I get installs that are just as good as the best shop by me, and better than 80% of the shops around me that I know use a peelboard. When you work off the car you learn to work fast, plus you have the film on the outside of the window, peel and spray the top half, grab your corners and pull up and over the door and apply. All in all less that 3 seconds of exposure with the film, and the only movement of it is backwards so your not pushing it forward into the air to catch debris.

Archived