License

Guest tint51

Guest tint51
yes, you do. cal especially, some cities are strick and can arrest you for not having one.

I thinks it's falls under specialty window coverings C61-D52, or something like that. I've seen different categories. why? I don't know why.

it's an easy test. it a safety,law,and tax test. they just want to make sure that you don't put yourself in jeopardy, break the law, and do your taxes correctly so you can pay them.

it's all about the money $$$$. ca is broke. y'know what I mean.

oh yeah, you also have to show you have a contractors bond for $10,000.00 and liability insurance for $2 million.

like I said its all about the $$$$$$$$.

get one, its worth it.

tint star

Do you know how much experience you need? Like 5 yrs or less. Seem just like any contractors license...

4 years in the trade.The license D52-Window Coverings.

So is the trade , auto and res and com..?? The "trade" Is tinting.. I beleive Just from my experience it takes more skill to do cars..

Thanks,

Tint51

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

In California you need to be at least 23, and have 4 years verifiable experience. I just signed up to take mine, and there is almost a six week wait. I already have all the required insurance, so the only extra is the bond which is only about $100 per year. I've been landing alot of res/comm work and getting bigger jobs now, so I want to make sure I stay legit.

Guest tint51
In California you need to be at least 23, and have 4 years verifiable experience. I just signed up to take mine, and there is almost a six week wait. I already have all the required insurance, so the only extra is the bond which is only about $100 per year. I've been landing alot of res/comm work and getting bigger jobs now, so I want to make sure I stay legit.

Whats verifable experience... auto or what ever tinting experiece..?

Guest LockedDown

Old post but curious on what others have used as work experience. I started tinting homes 25 years ago but took a 15 year hiatus to work another profession. I just recently got back into tinting this year and other than films not much has changed. For California it requires experience in past 10 years and 4 years experience. Seems the requirements don't really fit the profession for what we do and is more fit for someone building a home. I own a shop and do work under $500 now but mostly stick with automotive installs but would like to expand my commercial/residential side. No way my competitors which I used to work for are going to fill out anything to help me get my license and even if they did it was over 10 years ago. I looked at the exam and it pretty much has nothing to do with the type of work we do. Seems Cali added our profession in for the money/fees but did not account for the type of work we do.

So looking at this form I can fill out as self employed but still lack some of the requirements. Not sure what my chances are of getting approved even though I am fully qualified to do this type of work. Frustrating as you try to follow the rules but sometimes they make absolutely no sense!

Archived