Unrealistic Warranties

we tell them its truely lifetime. if they keep their car longer than 12 years and the film DOES go bad; we'll replace it. but you better have your receipt. ive never filed a claim to the manu. if there is any warranty work it is either installer error or defect in the car, like channels moving and bunching up in the corners (older camrys, and new corollas). just replace it once and tell them next time its the cars fault. never filed anything.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just don't get the whole LTW crap... I mean what else can you actually buy that comes with a lifetime warranty..................

Please someone start a list, I would love to know!

Most of Auto Zone's CRAPPY parts!

In case you don't know by now I hate that place!

Guest oasisglatint

I guess I'm the odd 1 with this. I tell every custy that's ALL we carry are lifetime warranty films. It's good for as long as 1- you own the car, 2- you keep your paperwork.

It's no different than insurance........ it's all a numbers game.

The manu has done research on the film......... they know, roughly, how long it supposed to last, and are rolling the dice that you kill the car, trade the car, or sell it before there's a problem with the film. And for the most part, they're spot on. We have very few claims, but I have never gotten ANY :dunno over ANY claim ever!!!!!!

Is it a bullcrap verbage issue...... YUP!

That's what I tell all my custy's.

Hold on to your paperwork, and you're golden!

:spit

I can see in bigger cities where people change cars more often, but around here people will have cars for 10 years without blinking. I agree that 5 years is much more realist on time line for film to be very good.

Unless a customer asks about the warranty I don't usually even mention it. I don't have a great deal that ask me. I am not sure how many ask though as most of my work is sold via the "shops" that I tint at and for.

National averages are a joke in most instances.

I love the analogy that was stated on here before of "buying a $2000 computer and only getting a 90 day warranty"

I give out the warranties on fg for every job...only to save my own ass. On automotive, I only fill out the paperwork on the warranty card IF they ask for it. Typically, they wont have that car longer than 3-5 years, and if they do, so what. It doesnt cost a whole hell of a lot to strip and retint a car, even with time factored in. An r&r on a house with 400sq ft worth of film costs a bunch.

Guest djtekk707

As guest said why do I advertise this

DSCF0935.jpg

Its very simple Most shops down here use lumar and brag about how long the film last and how its the best so on and so on :spit ......so far iv only been tinting for 1yr publicly no more friend or buddies cars! No one in my area uses solargard, suntek or my personal favorite valuetint :dunno ...I keep my prices affordable with film that looks great 2. Which makes me stand out when I talk to customers. :D

DSCF0935.jpg

Its very simple Most shops down here use lumar and brag about how long the film last and how its the best so on and so on :spit ......so far iv only been tinting for 1yr publicly no more friend or buddies cars! No one in my area uses solargard, suntek or my personal favorite valuetint :dunno ...I keep my prices affordable with film that looks great 2. Which makes me stand out when I talk to customers. :D

I guess I should comment. Where in the world do you see in the manufacturer's warranty the word guarantee??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

You keep that signage, you are going to get screwed by some jerk of a customer. There is no such thing as a guarantee.

It is called a warranty for a reason

It's pretty clear (no pun intended) that we all know the lifetime warranty is a gimmick, but how can we stop offering them when the competition wont stop?

Why not offer the the lifetime warranty as an upgrade? Charge for it.

When I buy something from a store like CompUSA or something, the cashier always offers me an extended warranty at a price, and it's not even a lifetime warranty, it's usually 1 or 2 years beyond the manufacturers 90 day warranty.

Why not advertise "Lifetime Warranty Available" instead of "Lifetime Warranty"?

Why not offer it for an additional 10 or 20 percent above your normal price?

The damage is pretty much done, we can never get rid of this stupid warranty, so why not turn it around to your advantage?

Guest djtekk707
It's pretty clear (no pun intended) that we all know the lifetime warranty is a gimmick, but how can we stop offering them when the competition wont stop?

Why not offer the the lifetime warranty as an upgrade? Charge for it.

When I buy something from a store like CompUSA or something, the cashier always offers me an extended warranty at a price, and it's not even a lifetime warranty, it's usually 1 or 2 years beyond the manufacturers 90 day warranty.

Why not advertise "Lifetime Warranty Available" instead of "Lifetime Warranty"?

Why not offer it for an additional 10 or 20 percent above your normal price?

The damage is pretty much done, we can never get rid of this stupid warranty, so why not turn it around to your advantage?

:mad:thumb:lol:mad:mad

I always give a Warranty on any work I do such as maybes a peeling on a roll down, or a bubble that pops up due to a rolled down window. But as for tintitman's comment I cant change whats already out there in the market. :thumb

DSCF0935.jpg

Its very simple Most shops down here use lumar and brag about how long the film last and how its the best so on and so on :thumb ......so far iv only been tinting for 1yr publicly no more friend or buddies cars! No one in my area uses solargard, suntek or my personal favorite valuetint :mad ...I keep my prices affordable with film that looks great 2. Which makes me stand out when I talk to customers. :mad

Tintitman is 100% correct... If you continue to advertise with that wording you will definatley get into trouble.... It would be money well spent for you to just change your wording to mimick manufacture. :thumb

Archived