Could anyone tell me what shade of tint would be similar to this?

Guest hometheaterman

Guest hometheaterman

I know I'm going to get flamed for this but I'm hoping someone can maybe help.

I did this with the gimp so I can't tell what % tint it would be close to. I was considering having my windows tinted lightly and did 2 chops of the picture and was wondering if anyone on here knew which type of tint I should go with to achieve this look? Thanks.

Here is stock fronts. The rear is 5% over factory.

5LlumarATCtintandthenremovedonJa-5.jpg

Now here is the first picture I'd like to know about.

5LlumarATCtintandthenremovedonJa-8.jpg

Anyone know what % tint I would want to use to achieve a look close to that?

Then this is the other one.

5LlumarATCtintandthenremovedonJa-6.jpg

I'm thinking that one may be too dark but I'm wondering what it would be close to?

Thanks guys.

Guest scottydosnntkno
I know I'm going to get flamed for this but I'm hoping someone can maybe help.

I did this with the gimp so I can't tell what % tint it would be close to. I was considering having my windows tinted lightly and did 2 chops of the picture and was wondering if anyone on here knew which type of tint I should go with to achieve this look? Thanks.

Here is stock fronts. The rear is 5% over factory.

5LlumarATCtintandthenremovedonJa-5.jpg

Now here is the first picture I'd like to know about.

5LlumarATCtintandthenremovedonJa-8.jpg

Anyone know what % tint I would want to use to achieve a look close to that?

Then this is the other one.

5LlumarATCtintandthenremovedonJa-6.jpg

I'm thinking that one may be too dark but I'm wondering what it would be close to?

Thanks guys.

The first one looks like 35%, and the second like 20%

wow....really!?!? With 5% over factory in the back...I would be more apt to say 50% in the first pic and 35% in the second. To me, it looks like you can see thru to the mirror on the other side pretty easy...which I dont think you would be able to do with 20% :mad

Guest scottydosnntkno
wow....really!?!? With 5% over factory in the back...I would be more apt to say 50% in the first pic and 35% in the second. To me, it looks like you can see thru to the mirror on the other side pretty easy...which I dont think you would be able to do with 20% :beer

you also have to understand that in this picture it is as if only one side is tinted. I was judging based on how I could see into the car itself, not necessarily out the other side. I was also comparing it to the back, which looks no different than 5%, because 5 would appear to be completely black when looking through the car also.

wow....really!?!? With 5% over factory in the back...I would be more apt to say 50% in the first pic and 35% in the second. To me, it looks like you can see thru to the mirror on the other side pretty easy...which I dont think you would be able to do with 20% :beer

you also have to understand that in this picture it is as if only one side is tinted.

But that wasnt what he said. He said he wants to know what percentage to get that look, not to get that look with only one side tinted. IMO to get that look, and to be able to look thru the truck and see the other mirror like that...he would need 35%...speaking of the latter pic of course. :beer :beer

Archived