how do you hide lines with no rear defroster?

Guest DangerousDarren

It's a good thing someone came up with dry shrinking. I'm horrible at cutting overlaps :beer. Takes longer and gives poor results, double whammy. I've never tried cutting the overlap on the outside. Anyone do it that way?

I saw a guy do a Cavalier 4 door back glass at a Sun-gard competition in 2 pieces. He did his cut on the outside and layed it inside. I nose printed that window looking for the seam line and couldn't see anything but a clean tint job!!

In answer to the original thread topic....you should just do a slight over lap and go. The only other BETTER option is to get some film that is large enough!

every time I try to do a two piece for fun, I always hack it up when I'm trimming it inside. one piece is so much easier.

A good invisible seam is a true work of art.

I got talked into buying 36" film back in 2000 and had an eclipse come in. The back on it is 36 1/4" so I had to do it in 2 pieces. I saw the car a few weeks later and was looking at it to see if it looked great or what. I had forgotten that I did it in 2 pieces until I had started to walk off. I remembered that I had done it in 2 pieces and went back to look at it. It took me several times of looking at that window to find out where I had seamed it! I could see it once I looked for it but until then it was just not there and the normal person would not even see it....

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got talked into buying 36" film back in 2000 and had an eclipse come in. The back on it is 36 1/4" so I had to do it in 2 pieces. I saw the car a few weeks later and was looking at it to see if it looked great or what. I had forgotten that I did it in 2 pieces until I had started to walk off. I remembered that I had done it in 2 pieces and went back to look at it. It took me several times of looking at that window to find out where I had seamed it! I could see it once I looked for it but until then it was just not there and the normal person would not even see it....

BUT, it had a defroster.

BUT, it had a defroster.

sorry, I hate using the quote thing all the time when I am posting a followup to the previous post. I was replying to Scotty not the original thread. I had replied to the original thread......

Guest tint51
Ok, I need some input. I am doing a corsica back glass with no rear defroster and am using 24" roll, so it must be done in sections. what is the best advise you have for making the lines invisible? I did a search, but didn't come up with anything. Thanks

Order the right size and do it right.. don't hack it..I would wait a day or two for new roll..

If you don't need that much, sell the the rest..

Guest thatsnappyguy

when it all boils down, piecing a back glass these days is no longer acceptable. even if your a beginner, your still a beginner while everyone else is doing it the right way. learn how to do it the right way when u first start learning. piecing back glasses was that way to do this years ago, but not anymore, so it shouldnt be done at all anymore. you want a professional outcome, do it like a professional would do it.

when it all boils down, piecing a back glass these days is no longer acceptable. even if your a beginner, your still a beginner while everyone else is doing it the right way. learn how to do it the right way when u first start learning. piecing back glasses was that way to do this years ago, but not anymore, so it shouldnt be done at all anymore. you want a professional outcome, do it like a professional would do it.

:headbang

Guest total-eclipse

Thats funny.....I was working in another field and bought a new lincoln last year and didnt have anywhere to tint it much less good tint so I paid a pro.......car came back with a two piece seamless back glass.....I asked why and he said "Thats the best way to do it because of contraction in the heat"

Jesus.....

Archived