how do you hide lines with no rear defroster?

Guest DangerousDarren

If you look at it you will SEE it and if you are BLIND you will feel it. :dunno

:scotty

If you know tint you can pick a seam, maybe not when it's wet, but dry if you can't see/feel it how long have you been tinting? :scotty

That being said there are some trully talented tinters who can seam well!!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mikeMN
If you look at it you will SEE it and if you are BLIND you will feel it. :dunno

If you know tint you can pick a seam, maybe not when it's wet, but dry if you can't see/feel it how long have you been tinting? :scotty

That being said there are some trully talented tinters who can seam well!!!

Almost 25 years full time. And I also agree there are very talented tinters out there and most of them have gained their skills cutting by hand the older ways rather than have a computer to cut it for you. Just think if they were not being able to heat shrink the film I would like to see that. And yes I have seen others that have done an excellent job at seaming. It was just a simple fact that I was stating as it is the truth. And look what happens,

Guest mikeMN
Well Mike your the man!!!

The vasy majority of people including customers really could care less as long as the job is done well........even less are going to straing thier eyes to find a seam they wouldnt even know was their if not told......

I doubt any blind person would be feeling up the back window to check if the tinter did a 2 peice window,.....

Sounds like you need to keep practicing. If you are turning out done WELL tint jobs maybe you should try to seam some windows that may help you. And yes a blind person could feel it as they can read brail.

Guest mikeMN
Well Mike your the man!!!

The vasy majority of people including customers really could care less as long as the job is done well........even less are going to straing thier eyes to find a seam they wouldnt even know was their if not told......

I doubt any blind person would be feeling up the back window to check if the tinter did a 2 peice window,.....

After a customer gets their car tinted they will start to look at others they see with film. So if their car has a DONE WELL TINT JOB they will notice that theirs is not as good as IT could have been. So will they come back to you to get their next car done? So if you buy something you do not care about quality. Just as long as it is done well? And also if a blind person felt a done well tint job they will feel contamination also. As they do use their hands to see. A high level of quality will make you stand out for others that’s how you get a customer for life, get many like that and you will stay in business for a long time and make lots of money. So you should think before you hold up that bingo sign as then you are agreeing with that person. :dunno

I know this is going to be a heated thread but I will chime in anyway. It's not just how good the film looks when done. Here in Texas the temperatures can very wildly from day to day from fall through spring. It might look good when you get done but after a year you will probably see the seam. Especially if you use cheaper films. The other problem with seaming is that the customer is going to have to clean or get their car cleaned on a regular basis. They will rub over that seam over and over again eventually causing damage to it. Now you can tell them to clean side to side over the seam but at that point you are pointing out the seam and they might be taking it to car washes and they are not going to explain every time the way it should be cleaned. If you want a reputable name, which is the best advertising in this business, you want your installs look good at first and years down the road. I am not saying that every single window has to be in one piece, there are some cases where you just have to do a seam. But avoid as best you can.

Guest scottydosnntkno
I know this is going to be a heated thread but I will chime in anyway. It's not just how good the film looks when done. Here in Texas the temperatures can very wildly from day to day from fall through spring. It might look good when you get done but after a year you will probably see the seam. Especially if you use cheaper films. The other problem with seaming is that the customer is going to have to clean or get their car cleaned on a regular basis. They will rub over that seam over and over again eventually causing damage to it. Now you can tell them to clean side to side over the seam but at that point you are pointing out the seam and they might be taking it to car washes and they are not going to explain every time the way it should be cleaned. If you want a reputable name, which is the best advertising in this business, you want your installs look good at first and years down the road. I am not saying that every single window has to be in one piece, there are some cases where you just have to do a seam. But avoid as best you can.

:dunno if you can do a good seam, then so be it. The world is not going to come to an end just because someone doesn't do it the same way MikeMN does.

Guest mikeMN

:lol2 if you can do a good seam, then so be it. The world is not going to come to an end just because someone doesn't do it the same way MikeMN does.

FROM SCOTTY DOSE NOT KNOW

It is called explaining or making a comment to another person that has replied back to me. It is not telling others to do it the same way.I do not care how they tint if someone comes back with a reply I will answer it. And here’s my comment directed to you. I was responding to a question directed to me and you were the one that chose to join in and agree with it and so you got my reply. And your reply was about something I never did say.I would like you to tell me one thing I have ever said on this forum that was wrong or not true. As I am not the one with my own SCOTTY APROVED SIGN and has been on hear telling others things that you speak but do not know that is you. Giving others advice on things you do not know yourself, So you are the one that looks the fool not me. As I have tried before to offer my advice to you and most of the time you have come back with a smart @ss comment so what do you know about that and remember think before you reply.AND MAKE SHURE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE REPLYING ABOUT.

Guest total-eclipse

Man I mean no harm.....yes you can see it and yes you can feel it and yes I prefer to one piece all back windows but I would be lieing if I said I have never 2 pieced one or ten.

I did alot of work for a dealership for years, honda dealership and those windows are just annoying as hell to me and I was usually on a tight deadline at a high discount......

I am just saying sometimes a one piece back window is not important to the customer........

Oh and yea, I tint well......I am sure I am not the best and I am sure their is more I can learn........I make a good living doing what I do well though :lol2

In the end....I would rather do my back windows in one piece....if I mess one up though I do have the option to do it differently and depending on the circumstance I have the knowledge to do that. My point in the beginning was if you tint you should at least know how to do it correctly.

Oh yea.....I had a very small crease I didnt redo today.......do I think 95 out of 100 people will never see it.....yes.....do I care the other 5 tinters in town will and be quick to point it out.....not really.

Kind of the same principal......and I doubt anyone here or anyone that has tinted 100's of cars say they never let something slide they knew about.....

Have a great night!!

Guest mikeMN
Man I mean no harm.....yes you can see it and yes you can feel it and yes I prefer to one piece all back windows but I would be lieing if I said I have never 2 pieced one or ten.

I did alot of work for a dealership for years, honda dealership and those windows are just annoying as hell to me and I was usually on a tight deadline at a high discount......

I am just saying sometimes a one piece back window is not important to the customer........

Oh and yea, I tint well......I am sure I am not the best and I am sure their is more I can learn........I make a good living doing what I do well though :lol2

In the end....I would rather do my back windows in one piece....if I mess one up though I do have the option to do it differently and depending on the circumstance I have the knowledge to do that. My point in the beginning was if you tint you should at least know how to do it correctly.

Oh yea.....I had a very small crease I didnt redo today.......do I think 95 out of 100 people will never see it.....yes.....do I care the other 5 tinters in town will and be quick to point it out.....not really.

Kind of the same principal......and I doubt anyone here or anyone that has tinted 100's of cars say they never let something slide they knew about.....

Have a great night!!

I am assuming this comment is directed to me. If so I want to be clear I am not saying in any way that I am the best window tinter in the world .but I will say I am a very picky person when it comes to window film and my installs, and very passionate about what I do.I see you are new to this site. It seems you have to watch what you say on here as people tend to take things the wrong way. Look what happened with that simple statement I made It was not directed to anyone just stating a fact so I guess it does not matter what you say sometimes people will disagree. in a way it will still give advice that may help others learn as it will bring up ideas that my help others and that is what this site is for not saying that I don’t get a little lippy myself on hear but others do as well as they and I are passionate about what we do for a living. And I understand that you have to have thick skin when you come on a forum like this as people will disagree.I do not have anything against you it was just a reply to your reply. You will learn many tips on hear as there are very talented tinters on hear with lots of knowledge as well .use all this site has to offer as it will be very useful to you as I have learned a few things myself no one person can know it all. Now back to business at hand this is my reply to you I see you say you have 7 years exp but you said you were in another line of work a year ago and had your car tinted buy a pro why the hell if you are a tinter have some other tinter tint you car I would never think of such a thing. You must have not been tinting for awhile to come on here and talk about a 2 piece window. And to let a car go with a crease in the film I would not want my name on crap work like that. My guess is that you tinted years ago and just got back in to it so you need to step your game up as bad tint jobs are out and quality is in. Hell you maybe the next Scotty do your research on him you then know what I am talking about that’s all for now!!! :lol2

Archived