how do you hide lines with no rear defroster?

Guest DangerousDarren

Guest scottydosnntkno
take it to a pro !!!

I have to agree take it to a pro or get the right size film for the job......

did you read the thread? he is saying how he wants to get back into tinting himself after not tinting for 6 years

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest total-eclipse

Mike.....I think the whole thing went the wrong direction and that was never meant to happen for that please accept my apology.

Far as letting someone else do my car as I said I was in a different line of work I didnt have tint or tools or anywhere to do it and wanted it done so I let someone else do it.

I did not intend to be distrespectful and if I came off as such, my bad.

Have a great day

Guest mikeMN
Mike.....I think the whole thing went the wrong direction and that was never meant to happen for that please accept my apology.

Far as letting someone else do my car as I said I was in a different line of work I didnt have tint or tools or anywhere to do it and wanted it done so I let someone else do it.

Have a great day

If you want to reply to a post look at the lower right corner and click on reply/quote that way the person will know you are replying to them.( Just a heads up) no problems bro, that’s the way it is on here not all will agree on here. beer.gif you should put up a avatar pic

Guest scottydosnntkno

Have a great day

If you want to reply to a post look at the lower right corner and click on reply/quote that way the person will know you are replying to them.( Just a heads up) no problems bro, that’s the way it is on here not all will agree on here. :thumb you should put up a avatar pic

I don't know why but having av's always make the people look so much more not hack like :dunno

Guest mikeMN

Have a great day

If you want to reply to a post look at the lower right corner and click on reply/quote that way the person will know you are replying to them.( Just a heads up) no problems bro, that’s the way it is on here not all will agree on here. :thumb you should put up a avatar pic

I don't know why but having av's always make the people look so much more not hack like :thumb

:dunno

If you look at it you will SEE it and if you are BLIND you will feel it. :asshat:

That's if you don't know what you're doing.

Even a pro, old school pro rather. Who know would shrink both cuts overlap as mention and cut.

The reason why you shrink even if you don't really have to.

Is because it fits perfect and 2nd later months from installation you wouldn't see a gap in the join because it's preshrank.

Thus, the sun/heat whatever wouldn't shrink it out of place.

At the same time some makes/back glass have thicker defroster lines than others. So that maybe a factor also. :hmmm

I agree. most of us old schoolers can do it either way, and I know for a fact that a pre- shrunk 2 piece doesn't show a gap later. Not everyone can do it though. It isnt easy to free hand a cut at that weird angle. Solar gards quantum made me do more seams than I wish cause IT DO NOT shrink at all.

Guest samabhi124
Ok, I need some input. I am doing a corsica back glass with no rear defroster and am using 24" roll, so it must be done in sections. what is the best advise you have for making the lines invisible? I did a search, but didn't come up with anything. Thanks

Overlap and cut during the install is a nice idea.

If I were not a professional the first that that would come to mind is overlap it and let it ride, no seamless just the moon overlap and let it ride!

You did say Corsica didn't you?

Of course I am a professional so I say wait till you have film that is wide enough to do it right :gasp

Guest Mo Evo

Being in this business for 20 years, I learned in the old school ways and probably seamed hundreds of cars. I even earned the nickname, 'Queen of Seams'!! I learned to seam all different sorts of ways...overlap using the films straight edge, overlap and hand cut just under the defroster line and cut the seam on the outside, which doesn't work on all glass, as the size and curvature are different outside to inside. Now of course, everything is one piece, except maybe the 2nd generation Eclipse and thankfully I haven't had to do one for a while!

Archived