Moral Question...

"The dealer in question is one I've mentioned before in my area who lies to customers, is aggressive with customers, and does terrible work."

by mentioning that quote above you seem like you want justification to buy the film from that guy... the tint was proably taken from his own employee if its nice and bagged and in 25' increments for you.

If the number is a cell phone, you should go to that guys tint shop. Call the number. If it rings there and its one of the employees. Go up to him in front of his boss and say I would like to buy the 60" by 25' roll of --- that we discussed at price --- that we discussed.... Then his boss finds out and fires him. The owner is out an employee (and pays unemployment), and the employee is out of a job, that way they both suffer!

Kill 2 birds with one stone!

:poke

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Total tint
Okay, so today I got a call from somebody. He said he had a 60" by 25' roll of film he found on the street somewhere and wondered if I wanted to buy it from him. He told me it was in the box when he found it but now it's just in the plastic sleeve. He told me the brand and I knew whose film it was because there's only one dealer in this town who uses that film. The dealer in question is one I've mentioned before in my area who lies to customers, is aggressive with customers, and does terrible work.

What would you have done?

The name and number is on the caller ID of the guy who called me, BTW.

I'm not asking what you think I should have done, I'm just asking what YOU would do.

:poke stay out of it, no need for myself to get tied up in that kinda drama

I would call the owner of the film, and tell him the situation and give him the info you have... and then let him handle it...

I would personally appreciate it if someone did that for me.... so I guess it's a do on to others thing for me..

I doubt my competitors would do it for me tho.. they seem to all be out for themselves... but that's not how I operate.. :poke

Me 2

I would call the owner of the film, and tell him the situation and give him the info you have... and then let him handle it...

I would personally appreciate it if someone did that for me.... so I guess it's a do on to others thing for me..

I doubt my competitors would do it for me tho.. they seem to all be out for themselves... but that's not how I operate.. :poke

This is what I would have done :lol

I try not dwell on the judgements have for others ..let the all mighty judge do that which frees me up of wasted energy ..when you do the right thing..good will follow you :lol

Guest Fly Paper
Okay, so today I got a call from somebody. He said he had a 60" by 25' roll of film he found on the street somewhere and wondered if I wanted to buy it from him. He told me it was in the box when he found it but now it's just in the plastic sleeve. He told me the brand and I knew whose film it was because there's only one dealer in this town who uses that film. The dealer in question is one I've mentioned before in my area who lies to customers, is aggressive with customers, and does terrible work.

What would you have done?

The name and number is on the caller ID of the guy who called me, BTW.

I'm not asking what you think I should have done, I'm just asking what YOU would do.

I have a competitor whose employees were doing side work with his film and I didn't say anything to him. I found out from a potential residential customer and the lady was ready to buy from the installers at a cheep price so I figure she's deceitful too and don't want to do business with her anyway. Think.. false warranty claims! I have spent 20 years selling against him and he is dishonest so I figure what comes around goes around. He sold his company 3 years ago and the installers were doing it to the new owner too. It's his problem but you would look like you were at least trying to help a fellow owner if you talk to them about it.

"The dealer in question is one I've mentioned before in my area who lies to customers, is aggressive with customers, and does terrible work."

by mentioning that quote above you seem like you want justification to buy the film from that guy... the tint was proably taken from his own employee if its nice and bagged and in 25' increments for you.

If the number is a cell phone, you should go to that guys tint shop. Call the number. If it rings there and its one of the employees. Go up to him in front of his boss and say I would like to buy the 60" by 25' roll of --- that we discussed at price --- that we discussed.... Then his boss finds out and fires him. The owner is out an employee (and pays unemployment), and the employee is out of a job, that way they both suffer!

Kill 2 birds with one stone!

:poke

I don't need justification.

Before making this post I already did what the majority of members on here are saying they'd do... I called the dealer whose film it is.

I figured it may have been stolen, because how does sombody "lose" film anyway? I've never lost a roll of film but I have had some stolen.

I didn't bring this up, I just thought it would be an interesting discussion topic to share. :lol

I should have done this topic as a poll, although it didn't occur to me to do so!

So far, the total is 4 doing nothing, 1 who might or might not depending on circumstances, and 13 who would call the dealer who owns the film.I'm glad to see most would do that.

Archived