Moral Question...

Guest scottydosnntkno
"The dealer in question is one I've mentioned before in my area who lies to customers, is aggressive with customers, and does terrible work."

by mentioning that quote above you seem like you want justification to buy the film from that guy... the tint was proably taken from his own employee if its nice and bagged and in 25' increments for you.

If the number is a cell phone, you should go to that guys tint shop. Call the number. If it rings there and its one of the employees. Go up to him in front of his boss and say I would like to buy the 60" by 25' roll of --- that we discussed at price --- that we discussed.... Then his boss finds out and fires him. The owner is out an employee (and pays unemployment), and the employee is out of a job, that way they both suffer!

Kill 2 birds with one stone!

:poke

why would you want the dealer to lose when he didn't do anything? he's already losing an employee, and last time I checked if you are fired for stealing the employer doesn't have to pay unemployment anyways.

regardless of how the other company treats myself and their customers, I would never stoop so low to cause them to suffer for something that is not their fault. I run a professional company, and portray a professional image.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"The dealer in question is one I've mentioned before in my area who lies to customers, is aggressive with customers, and does terrible work."

by mentioning that quote above you seem like you want justification to buy the film from that guy... the tint was proably taken from his own employee if its nice and bagged and in 25' increments for you.

If the number is a cell phone, you should go to that guys tint shop. Call the number. If it rings there and its one of the employees. Go up to him in front of his boss and say I would like to buy the 60" by 25' roll of --- that we discussed at price --- that we discussed.... Then his boss finds out and fires him. The owner is out an employee (and pays unemployment), and the employee is out of a job, that way they both suffer!

:beer

why would you want the dealer to lose when he didn't do anything? he's already losing an employee, and last time I checked if you are fired for stealing the employer doesn't have to pay unemployment anyways.

regardless of how the other company treats myself and their customers, I would never stoop so low to cause them to suffer for something that is not their fault. I run a professional company, and portray a professional image.

well they both sound like crooks... wouldnt you want the opprotunity to catch someone stealing from you???

Guest teamfutaba

:beer

well they both sound like crooks... wouldnt you want the opprotunity to catch someone stealing from you???

exactly, call the guy who lost the roll of film and ask him if it's missing, if yes, was it lost or stolen. if lost, give the guy the info to get his roll back, if stolen, call the guy with the roll and schedule a meeting to collect the roll (bad guy thinks your going to buy it but your really gonna knock hisass out and take it) return the roll to it's rightful owner. bad guy gets what he deserves, good guy gets his roll back and you get satisfaction for the beat down of a theif.. ps I hate theives.

Guest scottydosnntkno

:drevil

as I said in the other thread about no new tinters, I have no problem with any of my competition, regardless of what they say to the customers. They can sit there and lie all they want to them about their films and work, in the end the customer is going to figure out you get what you pay for, and come to me for their next car.

The shop owner having film stolen or lost is not a reason to cause any financial hardship or strain for him. He did nothing wrong, his employees or his luck did. I would do whatever I could to make sure he gets his film back, because I would want someone to do the same for me. My competition and myself have a love/hate relationship- we "hate" each other because they are somewhat crooked and I'm legit, and we "love" eachother because we refer work back and forth a lot, and will loan a roll to eachother if someones out, etc. I would try to create a good rapor with your competition instead of always bashing them. One day, you are going to be glad that you did.

Guest scottydosnntkno

:drevil

also, their shop owner is not stealing from me by his employee stealing a roll of film, or him losing it. HE is the one who is being stolen from.

Guest tint51
Okay, so today I got a call from somebody. He said he had a 60" by 25' roll of film he found on the street somewhere and wondered if I wanted to buy it from him. He told me it was in the box when he found it but now it's just in the plastic sleeve. He told me the brand and I knew whose film it was because there's only one dealer in this town who uses that film. The dealer in question is one I've mentioned before in my area who lies to customers, is aggressive with customers, and does terrible work.

What would you have done?

The name and number is on the caller ID of the guy who called me, BTW.

I'm not asking what you think I should have done, I'm just asking what YOU would do.

DO unto others as you would have them do to you!

First of all if the film was used by only that one guy in your area then it's really worthless to you to have it because of warranty issues! Unless you have some homies you can hook up for cheap! It has be decided by the majority on this topic to really just stay out of it or call the shop that carries that film!!!

Archived