New tinter.....

Guest ferhanmm

Guest ferhanmm

Attempted to put on tint the first time with roll of Gila tint, after reading around I found out that it was garbage anyways so I was wondering if anyone knows of a place either online where I can order some or just go pick some up in the houston area. Thanks.

I would suggest finding a shop you can work at as a helper :twocents

You will learn much faster and not waste so much film. As far as buying quantity, search the Internet. Unless you are a business with a tax permit you will not be able to buy wholesale.

Attempted to put on tint the first time with roll of Gila tint, after reading around I found out that it was garbage anyways so I was wondering if anyone knows of a place either online where I can order some or just go pick some up in the houston area. Thanks.

gila or no gila, if u know how to tint it shouldnt matter what u use. but us professionals use the good stufff :twocents

I would suggest finding a shop you can work at as a helper :twocents

You will learn much faster and not waste so much film. As far as buying quantity, search the Internet. Unless you are a business with a tax permit you will not be able to buy wholesale.

yeah, try to find a shop where you can help. You may have to pay THEM to work there for a while b/c you will waste film. If you dont already know the basics of window tinting, this is is a good way to learn. If you try to teach yourself, you may pick up bad habits. Better to learn from a pro...if they are willing to teach. Lots of hacks in Houston.

Welcome dude! the gila does suck. Global has a outlet in the H or try the Klingon :beer

Guest Total tint

gila or no gila, if u know how to tint it shouldnt matter what u use. but us professionals use the good stufff :beer

that makes no sense at all

gila or no gila, if u know how to tint it shouldnt matter what u use. but us professionals use the good stufff :beer

that makes no sense at all

UH.... He's saying if you know how to hang/work film, any film will look good. Then goes into "pros" should know what films to offer for quality.... I agree.

Guest ferhanmm

thanks guys but maybe I phrased it wrong, let me try again. I want to put tint on my car. I first time I tried it looked decent, but I wasn't happy with it so I ended up ripping it off about an hour after I applied it. So I was going to buy another roll of Gila tint, but before I did I wanted to make sure it was a good brand. I found somewhere that local auto store tints bubble up after a couple years, should I believe this? or should I just go with gila again.

Welcome dude! the gila does suck. Global has a outlet in the H or try the Klingon

What is Global? And by in the H do you mean in houston? whats klingon? sorry man just really new here.......

Guest scottydosnntkno
thanks guys but maybe I phrased it wrong, let me try again. I want to put tint on my car. I first time I tried it looked decent, but I wasn't happy with it so I ended up ripping it off about an hour after I applied it. So I was going to buy another roll of Gila tint, but before I did I wanted to make sure it was a good brand. I found somewhere that local auto store tints bubble up after a couple years, should I believe this? or should I just go with gila again.
Welcome dude! the gila does suck. Global has a outlet in the H or try the Klingon

What is Global? And by in the H do you mean in houston? whats klingon? sorry man just really new here.......

Gila film will probably bubble up in less than a year. Their film is complete garbage, I don't know how its still even on the market. Get yourself some better film, that is easier to work with and will last a lot longer.

There are a few websites you can buy film directly from without having to be a dealer or anything. Personally my favorite is ValueTint.com, call up matt or judd and talk to them. Or theres concordwindowfilms.com, buytint.com, or autowindowtinting.com(they have some really good deals on their closeout film stock) that will be a good way to get you some good film for not a ton of money.

Archived