drying time?

Guest AdamsTinting

Guest AdamsTinting

I installed some P18ARL film in an office about a month ago and the customer has been driving me crazy. THey have been complaining about the "watery" look of the windows. I have been out to the location several times to inspect the product. Everything is fine. The windows only get direct sunlight for a short time in the morning, so it is taking longer than usual for the windows to dry. However, the customer wants me to submit a document to them assuring them that the windows WILL DRY OUT. The problem is that they are also requesting that said document specify a date by which the windows will be completely dry. I do not feel comfortable with submiting a date...for all I know these windows could take months to dry. Do you guys have any suggestions on how I should deal with this customer?

First... I can only assume what the film is, product code you ar use to does nothing for others not familiar with the brand.

The sun is not to be relied upon for drying... this day and age there are (proper) tools for maximizing application solution extraction. A heavy-weight, two-fisted handle (Performax handle from www.44tools.com) with a high durometer blade, overlapping strokes and twice over minimum will most assuredly reduce the aggravation you may be experiencing with this client.

Also, consider slowing down a bit. Many installers get in a hurry and will go so fast as to hydroplane across the film/water, skimming much the same as car tires on wet road, and essentially moving less than if they were more methodical with their approach.

Visit www.iwfa.com and call the number listed to obtain 'visual quality standards for applied window film'. This is a document put together through industry representation for this specific use; I.e., giving to an ill-informed consumer. :passout

Guest tintslut

I have had the request for a factory document, even after giving the contractor

an IWFA visual quality standards, and informing the customer it may take up to 4 months for thefilm to cure. GOES in one ear and out the other.

Isnt p-18 a silver reflective film? what squeegee did you put it on with?

Archived