Websites

73 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have website

• Yes, I have a website
    • No, I dont have a website
    • Whats a website

Do many of you shop owners agree that a "Do it yourselfer" should take thier vehilce to your shop to get a professional job done? After all, the tint professional lays film all day long.

If so then you may want to consider... Allow a professional website designer to create your website. They have created/maintained many websites and therefore are experienced.

The internet seems to have grown so tremendously in the last 10 years that everyone has a website. People use google or other search engines to find what they are looking for now days. Wouldnt you like to have the most professional and appealing website possible?

It seems like some people are posting their websites here to show everyone. I have seen some of the same basic problems with them. (not trying to offend anyone):

poor font / color scheme

WAY TO MUCH wording on first page (people just dont wanna sit a while on one page)

I think people prefere fast quick options go get where they are going (lots to click on)

Just a couple nice simple and CLEAN images per page (large images, not simple button/link images)

I am by far not an expert, but I have taken classes on technical writing and web page design.

People want:

easy to understand (8th grade writing level best achieves this)

simple descriptions

follow the natural Z pattern with your layout (we are taught to read from left to right, then down and left to right again)

clear and easy to read

links that take them were they want to go (not to endless mumbo jumbo)

If people want to read about your company... then make a link to just that

If people want to see services offered... make a link to just that

If people want to see products offered... make a link to just that

If people want your contact/location... make a link to just that

If people want a quote... make a link just for that (optional)

Basically when there is just to much stuff to read, it can scare many people off. Now days everyone wants fast and simple.

Think about this... If you are looking for something, do you normally just hit back or close on the websites that dont look professional to you???

Just my :beer , you can take it or leave it. :lol2

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A website should be steadily updated, I cant say how many times I look up a website and its got graphics from circa 1995. Doesnt have to be full of flash and filler but a good layout goes a long way. Update frequently, add a blog for specials etc...

And another tip, DON'T PLAGIARIZE!

I can't believe how many sites I see with the same text over and over again, half the time it's something I wrote.

All these tricks people try with their sites usually wind up hurting them, so keep it clean and original.

Guest Tintim

I can't believe how many sites I see with the same text over and over again, half the time it's something I wrote.

All these tricks people try with their sites usually wind up hurting them, so keep it clean and original.

:headbang

I've seen a lot of stuff nicked from here.

:beer:headbang I have to admit that I love to go to other tint websites and often get ideas for my own website. I don't know if I go as far as plagiarism but I guess it is pretty close. I try not to copy text word for word but sometimes it is so well put it is hard to put in my own words. I apologize if I have offended anyone and from now on I am going to to contact the websites I like and ask if it is OK to use an idea.

Archived