Websites

73 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have website

• Yes, I have a website
    • No, I dont have a website
    • Whats a website

thanks joe.the girl that did it for me still has to show me how I can upload pictures. I wanted a site that just showed my work.I'll get it rite soon.

so u saw ed? :lol2 that kid has no luck.he doesn't even have a car.he get's alot of work out of craigs list.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And another tip, DON'T PLAGIARIZE!

I can't believe how many sites I see with the same text over and over again, half the time it's something I wrote.

All these tricks people try with their sites usually wind up hurting them, so keep it clean and original.

What is your opinion on copying text from a flm manufacturer's website about their film?

Guest TintSolarWorks
What is your opinion on copying text from a film manufacturer's website about their film?

If you're using small bits of it to describe the same film, it probably counts as fair use, since you're promoting their product. If you use larger blocks of it, be sure to either get permission from them first (they might be happy to give it, since you're promoting them) or at least provide attribution and a link to their website (preferably both), and you'll probably be alright. But that's from a copyright standpoint.

From a web design standpoint, you're really better off using your own. I wouldn't recommend using borrowed text as anything other than a stopgap until you can write your own. If they spot the identical text, it will give both customers and search engines a bad impression. Instead, use the borrowed text as a jumping-off point; figure out what's appealing about it and what's the essential information, and use that information to write your own text.

Our own website right now has a lot of duplicate text, since it was created from a template used by other window film shops. I'm not happy about that at all, but writing good original text does take time. I'm slowly replacing the duplicate text, page by page.

Archived