I have to buy a car, here is what I have to pick from right now:

2008 Dodge Avenger, 25,000 miles

2004 Grand Prix, 65,000 miles

2004 Taurus 58,000 miles

2002 Mustang 6 cyl flip top 105,000 one owner miles

2002 Chev Monte Carlo 157,000 miles, but spotless

2007 Mitsubishi Lancer 33,000 miles

2001 Chev Monte Carlo, 63,000 miles, one owner

Which of these cars would you purchase ?

They are not all the same price, the Avenger and the 2007 Lancer would eat up most the cash, but would be under warranty

The others are less and would leave a fair amount of cash left over.

This does not factor in the cash I get back from the car that the Dealer, (new car Franchised) sold me.

They did not have the title at time of sale (State Law dictates no one, dealers included shall not sell a car until they have the title.)

More than 2 months later, they have not been able to produce good title to the vehicle, according to the DMV as of this morning, it is still in the name of the person who traded it in.

This makes the deal null and void ?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cheapest one that runs the best....put back the money that you would have spent on the higher dollar ones for repairs that might pop up.

New car warranties are a BIG joke....I will NEVER buy a new car again, nor do I plan to buy anything too new.

the 2007 lancer was probably purchased in 2006, thus the warranty expires this year

and

the warranty is probably only until 36k... which is only 3k away

I would not factor that in your decision...

look harder and dont forget this economy sucks, you should be able to cut a great cash deal

Try to buy your next car from an individual... IMO used car dealerships are full of nothing but crooks! :spit

Of those listed, I like the Mustangs, but the rag tops are one piece, (meaning the BGlass and the top are 1pc.) and if you ever need to replace it, you're looking at around $2k...plus..

I'm not a big Mitsu fan, but of the ones listed, I would pick the Lancer...

I have to buy a car, here is what I have to pick from right now:

2008 Dodge Avenger, 25,000 miles

2004 Grand Prix, 65,000 miles

2004 Taurus 58,000 miles

2002 Mustang 6 cyl flip top 105,000 one owner miles

2002 Chev Monte Carlo 157,000 miles, but spotless

2007 Mitsubishi Lancer 33,000 miles

2001 Chev Monte Carlo, 63,000 miles, one owner

Which of these cars would you purchase ?

They are not all the same price, the Avenger and the 2007 Lancer would eat up most the cash, but would be under warranty

The others are less and would leave a fair amount of cash left over.

This does not factor in the cash I get back from the car that the Dealer, (new car Franchised) sold me.

They did not have the title at time of sale (State Law dictates no one, dealers included shall not sell a car until they have the title.)

More than 2 months later, they have not been able to produce good title to the vehicle, according to the DMV as of this morning, it is still in the name of the person who traded it in.

This makes the deal null and void ?

Keep looking. American CARS are all junk, and Mitsu hasn't made anything worth a crap in a long time. I hate to say it, but go with a foriegn car this round. Does it have to be a car? What about a small truck? American trucks are all good.

Archived