Cleaning glue from BG

Guest justincredible

scrape-rite plastic razor blades or lil chizlers if it is thick enough and then 000 or 0000 steel wool with Sprayway glass cleaner here. LA's Totally Awesome found at Dollar General is pretty amazing at removing window tint glue, but it is also going to need to be shielded from any other surface.....

Oh if you don't have one get the "scrubber" for the cleaning job. Like a bulldozer but thinner with velcro on the end...put the steel wool on it and scrub away without much strain on your arms...

scrape-rite plastic razor blades or lil chizlers if it is thick enough and then 000 or 0000 steel wool with Sprayway glass cleaner here. LA's Totally Awesome found at Dollar General is pretty amazing at removing window tint glue, but it is also going to need to be shielded from any other surface.....

Oh if you don't have one get the "scrubber" for the cleaning job. Like a bulldozer but thinner with velcro on the end...put the steel wool on it and scrub away without much strain on your arms...

so those plastic razorss actually work??? I have not tried them yet. :spit

:spit

so those plastic razorss actually work??? I have not tried them yet. :lol2

Heck yea, they work like a mufug, I use the orange ones...

Is Simple Green or Spray nine safe for the defrost lines? What do you use to remove glue from the back glass?

When you remove the film form the back glass, you dont just rip it off do you? You have to sweat the film first, so when you pull it, most of the glue comes off. Then, just use some steel wool to clean. The bulldozer scrubber is a lifesaver for those hard to reach areas. Ive used nothing but soap and water to scrub back glass's.

Yea, I steam it off first, then sprayway, scrubbies and plastic razors.

Also, after you think you're done, put some alcohol in the water bottle and spray on the glass, any residual glue should turn opaque, so there's less chance of finding it after you're done retinting it...

Guest Crackz

I use the new simple green its for car interiors it works mint I got it in home depot near the car cleaning stuff I could not take the side effects from the simple pink anymore

Guest GreenCove

although its not the safest I use straight ammonia on the glue and when I bag a back glass, I also have one of those vented masks like the bug man wears it looks dumb but it works it has saved me a few times on some real nasty removals

I use the new simple green its for car interiors it works mint I got it in home depot near the car cleaning stuff I could not take the side effects from the simple pink anymore

:beer I quit using simple pink and love using the simple green! It has an easier smell to deal with and works really good! :headbang

Archived