CD Review

Guest TINTFXold

Guest TINTFXold

Ive had this CD since it came out but I dont think Ive done a review on it..

anyway

this band is fronted by SlipKnots Corey Taylor... now I know what your thinking, too heavy for your liking.... the music is nothing like Slipknot. This is one of the top 5 releases of last year. If you dont have it, GET IT. It is deep, well arranged, and it rocks...plus there is a lot of heart put in these lyrics. Gotta love angst driven music :passout

5 out 5 stars = a must have

Guest TINTFXold

gosh, TTS, I'm not sure they really compare to anyone. Its heavy but not too heavy. I'd certainly put them in the Heavy catagory. the music is heavy at times but still melodic if you know what I mean. Not a lot of grooves or hooks in the music but some. I dare say just go buy it, you'll love it, but I did. Its the the kind of CD that gets better everytime you pop it in.

Guest TINTFXold

Mudvayne has a lot of off timing beats and there bass player comes from jazz influence. Mudvayne is a mixture or style though, but I wouldnt compare Stone Sour to them.

Guest thetintshop

I just bought it. got the one with the dvd in it. KICK f'n ASS is all I can say. awesome cd, not just a couple songs either, the WHOLE cd. just enough of the "demon screamin" to keep it interesting, but not so much that it turns you away. corey has an awesome voice. and he uses it well. I think I went back to "road hog" about three times on drive home. it's almost a "made for movie" type song.

there's a couple songs where he almost, I said amost, sounds like he wants to start rappin. I HATE that limp biscrap sh!t. but just as I was ready to hit next, he came out of it.

overall, it's one of the best cds I bought in a hell of a long time. thanks FX. :thumb

Archived