got a thermal stress on a window

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Probably a defect (chip) in the window to begin with and the film just helped it out a bit. It Happens...Twice this year for me....lol

that exactly what I was thinking, as I have installed 3 windows in the same size of the house with the same film no problem at all.

I have start the quotation request for the replacement ...lol

had to have been a blem in the glass. I do shadowed arches all the time with no issues. it's one of those flukes. :beer

same here. now can whatever glass company you choose get the replacement size right on the first try? around here they screw easier stuff up all the time.

had to have been a blem in the glass. I do shadowed arches all the time with no issues. it's one of those flukes. :beer

I can say them more than 50 in the last year with no issues

same here. now can whatever glass company you choose get the replacement size right on the first try? around here they screw easier stuff up all the time.

I will get a quote from the company that has install the window and another glass company. most of the time the company that has installed do it well

I routinely treat similar windows and wouldn't think twice about doing so with the films we normally use. And I see in the average year maybe three or four breaks out of many thousands of windows tinted.

The only way to be sure of not getting any breaks is to not tint any windows. I've seen it happen on small double hung windows with very light films, and I've seen it not happen on very large windows with very dark films (though I've warned those people I didn't recommend installing those films - and that they were on their own if there were any breaks).

Just have to consider a break here or there inevitable if you tint windows.

Archived