Projector on Frost Film

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait till I post the video (when I get a chance) its really cool to see it animated. I believe the projector was 1080dpi, so that prob helped with the clarity. This place is in the middle of the Ohio State University campus area. Believe it or not, right next door there is an Indian Bong store... :dunno

Plus you wouldn't have to make your whole store front do that, you could have a 2 foot wide piece of frosted in the middle of an otherwise clear or tinted pane with the projector focused on the smaller area.

If you were creative, you could frame the frosted area with tint in the shape of a TV screen.

:beer:lol2

Plus you wouldn't have to make your whole store front do that, you could have a 2 foot wide piece of frosted in the middle of an otherwise clear or tinted pane with the projector focused on the smaller area.

If you were creative, you could frame the frosted area with tint in the shape of a TV screen.

:beer:lol2

Another great idea! This is something to definitly look into! I like the creative part of it cuz it's endless what you can come up with!

Just remember....I dont know if it would work during the daytime hours in bright light but at night it is awesome. Those projectors cost anywhere from $800-$2500 depending on the dpi you want.

My dad has a biz where he deals with comm/resi audio video. He said a projector (a bad ass one) that would project a quality image on something like that would be in the range of $15-$30,000. You may be able to get a decent image with a $5,000-$10,000 projector. He says they have to be extremely bright, and adjusted correctly to work.

I love the idea, but I have to wonder...can it be seen in the daytime? Can it be set up where you arent constantly running the risk of someone walking in front if the image? It would appear that it could only be seen at night, or on windows set deep inside of an awning.

Archived