Hail chasing

Guest convincor

Guest richz71
Read my post it says I have very little experience with sides. The few times I have done sides it was like starting to learn all over. A hood on a stand allows you to position the hood where you want it and work with your body upright. On the sides I have to twist, bend and have my head side ways. Also access is alot harder. Just my experience so far. I hope you are right about side being easier. Can't wait to get more experience with sides. Thanks for the input.

sorry dude. if you want help go on 388tint.com and call me.ask for rich

what % can you bring up a 1/2 dollar size dent?

man thats like my customers calling and asking what do you charge for pdr! all dents are diff.if you have any exp you would not of asked that!

Are You one of those "a dent is dynamic and changes with every push" lol. In everything from pizzas to hair cutting you can ask a general question to get a general answer, and yes you can go into crazy detail and go high and mighty about any topic you know about but at the end of the day a pepperoni pizza is a pepperoni pizza, yes every pepperoni pizza will taste different in some way, yet you will allways reconize a pepperoni pizza so I feel a dent is the same way, yes they differ but the theory you use for 1 crease you will use for another. I took offense to your comment at first because my post was ment to help, gather info. but I can see where you would get your opinion

what % can you bring up a 1/2 dollar size dent?

man thats like my customers calling and asking what do you charge for pdr! all dents are diff.if you have any exp you would not of asked that!

I agree..

100%.... that is amazing.. I do PDR and can only get like 85- 95%////

100% is unlikely I have seem 15 year experience techs.. not get 100%..

I have not seen alot of peoples work just a few guys that were at the body shop. They get 100% of 1/2 dollar dents out. Most of the time I can to, it just takes me 5 times as long as it does them. I am not trying to be a smart ass but if you do hail repair isn't it common for a roof to have alot of 1/2 dollar size dents? If you only get 85% of 4 or 5 dents out of a roof I would think it would not be passable?? Again I am not trying to be difficult just trying to learn as much as I can.

When your new (everybody does it) you think its better than it is, as your skill goes up your view of %done changes. your 100% at a year in might be an 80% in 5years maybe

Guest codylee24

to all these posts, less than 100% is not ok for insurance jobs. if you cant get it 100%, dont do it, replace it or push to paint. the top surfaces are not easier than sides they are just easier to read you light on. you have to make a dent 100% 360 degrees on the tops. you only have to look at the sides at a 45 degree angle from the front and back.

Guest TwoBitsChris

Hey everyone, my name is Chris, and I am new to this business. I work as a Honda tech currently, but really want to get into PDR. I have a good friend and his dad that push, and are very successful. I am currently training under them, and practice at home after work. Im not the best, but I am getting there. I would like to start chasing this year doing R&I for anyone who needs it, then maybe start apprenticing under someone and put some finishing touches on whatever PDR skill I have. I am very familiar with R&I, I do a lot for my job. Whether we set before we leave, or if you just need someone last minute, I can pack up and leave same day if needed. If you need someone, or know someone else who might, please contact me! I am dedicated, enthusiastic, hard working, and get along with almost anyone. I am willing to travel anywhere in the US, just name the place!

If interested, you can reach me at 720-278-9361 or at terrill.chris@yahoo.com

If you have any contacts that may be able to help, please let me know as well! Thanks!

Archived