peugot 106/citroen saxo

Guest fimmo

these cars are identical when it comes to their glass! I do the rear window in 2 pieces as the bottom of the glass has a nasty curve that produces some wide 'fingers' I'm still learning to dry shrink! side rear windows are so much easier if you take them out! very easy,each window is held on by 3 torx screws take them out,lay glass flat,tint cut out the holes for the screws to go thru then leave to dry so when you put the back windows in and tighten the screws you wont grip the film and twist it off! remeber not to tighten too much! :booga

Hi,

Ive recently had my 106 3dr tinted, the rear windows only though., the guy did the rear window in 1 peice.!, using Johnsons window film in 5% trans (limo black) using the heat shrink method to mould the film the the curvature of the glass. Using talcum powder dusted over the window - the film doesnt stick when heat shrinking it. - then removed the film , peeled the backing, wetted it and applied..

The side windows have a slight curve too, they also need to be heat moulded to lay without ripples..

I had done the sidewindows myself a few times with Drk Smoke and then with limo black, without heat shrinking it - I managed to apply without getting and ripples. took ages to adhere..

The guy would only tint to front window in a very light smoke of about 80%trans. I said dont bother, just do the rear windows in 5%trans limo black..

I hoping later to do the front windows in a dark smoke when I have access to friends work Unit.

I got a heat gun the other day for ?7.99 !! wow... it does 375~C and 550~C and is fab for eight quid. - heat shrinks wonderfully. I got it in LiDL ( you know cheapo supermarket in the UK with a german flavour !!)

cheers..

Stef.

Archived