Layed OFF??????

Ok, maybe I didn't explain the situation properly, so let me try this again. I started working for this guy back in 12/17/2007, he came down to the detail/rim/and tint shop that I ran for almost three years looking for a window tinter. He offered the job and I accepted it, because he was offering more money than the guy I was currently working for. He asked if I wanted to be an employee, or contractor? I chose employee because of how I got screwed in the past with the other shop. He said that he would get back with me on how to start this process, and he never did. Well back in Feb of this year I was telling him that I need A 1099 from him to file my taxes, and he stated that he did not have to give me that info. Well being that I am not stupid when it comes to running a business, I told him that I would just file a paper return using a substitute W2 until he gives me one, and he didn't like me telling him something that he didn't know since he is retired CSM of the military. So he decides to tell me that I can go home and that he will call me when he needs me. This is the second time I have been layed off in one year for longer than 30 days. I dont care about paying any unpaid taxes, I just want this guy to get what he deserves for screwing his employees. He tells me what time to come to work, makes me stay over past 5, in which I don't mind, supplies all the tint, tools, and customers. The customers pay him and not me. The IRS sent me this SS-8 form to fill out to determine if I was an independent contractor or not, and clearly the form states in black and white that I am an employee because of these conditions. My hole thing is this if you wanted me to be an independent contractor then give me a contract, if I am an employee then take out my taxes. I am either a contractor or employee, not both. It's not just me it's another employee also. He has been beating us in the pocket since we have been working for this guy. Example: how is 30% of 179.00 come out to be 33.50 cents? It don't add up. Pay me what you say you are going to pay me don't pencil beat me, if I am trusting you with my money. I can do accounting!

You sound smarter than most on here. Not to mention that he hasnt paid into SS or workers comp. If you had worked for that long this should have come up before now I would suspect. If you have proof of the 30% pay and he is paying you less and not paying the taxes this will not fall on you but him. You will also be able to collect unemployement even if he failed to pay. The government does not punish you for your employer stealing and cheating the system. Do you have any records?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, maybe I didn't explain the situation properly, so let me try this again. I started working for this guy back in 12/17/2007, he came down to the detail/rim/and tint shop that I ran for almost three years looking for a window tinter. He offered the job and I accepted it, because he was offering more money than the guy I was currently working for. He asked if I wanted to be an employee, or contractor? I chose employee because of how I got screwed in the past with the other shop. He said that he would get back with me on how to start this process, and he never did. Well back in Feb of this year I was telling him that I need A 1099 from him to file my taxes, and he stated that he did not have to give me that info. Well being that I am not stupid when it comes to running a business, I told him that I would just file a paper return using a substitute W2 until he gives me one, and he didn't like me telling him something that he didn't know since he is retired CSM of the military. So he decides to tell me that I can go home and that he will call me when he needs me. This is the second time I have been layed off in one year for longer than 30 days. I dont care about paying any unpaid taxes, I just want this guy to get what he deserves for screwing his employees. He tells me what time to come to work, makes me stay over past 5, in which I don't mind, supplies all the tint, tools, and customers. The customers pay him and not me. The IRS sent me this SS-8 form to fill out to determine if I was an independent contractor or not, and clearly the form states in black and white that I am an employee because of these conditions. My hole thing is this if you wanted me to be an independent contractor then give me a contract, if I am an employee then take out my taxes. I am either a contractor or employee, not both. It's not just me it's another employee also. He has been beating us in the pocket since we have been working for this guy. Example: how is 30% of 179.00 come out to be 33.50 cents? It don't add up. Pay me what you say you are going to pay me don't pencil beat me, if I am trusting you with my money. I can do accounting!

You sound smarter than most on here. Not to mention that he hasnt paid into SS or workers comp. If you had worked for that long this should have come up before now I would suspect. If you have proof of the 30% pay and he is paying you less and not paying the taxes this will not fall on you but him. You will also be able to collect unemployement even if he failed to pay. The government does not punish you for your employer stealing and cheating the system. Do you have any records?
I'm sure I do, but I've since moved on from that company.

Archived