09 Mazda 5

fphillips

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest scottydosnntkno
Should I take those door panels off? And if so where are those screws?

Thanks

I haven't seen a 09 yet, but a few weeks ago I did a 06, and I saw no reason to take off the panels. The film slid right in with a red devil. The quarters were a little tricky, and really tight, so I ended up cutting the film to the curve of the tight rubber and the custy was happy and it looked good to me. I only put 20% on to make it look factory, and you couldn't even tell unless you knew and were looking for it.

Thanks

I haven't seen a 09 yet, but a few weeks ago I did a 06, and I saw no reason to take off the panels. The film slid right in with a red devil. The quarters were a little tricky, and really tight, so I ended up cutting the film to the curve of the tight rubber and the custy was happy and it looked good to me. I only put 20% on to make it look factory, and you couldn't even tell unless you knew and were looking for it.

Thanks alot Scott. thumb.gif

Guest scottydosnntkno

Thanks

Thanks alot Scott. thumb.gif

Maybe with a ez reach you could get the corners, but its SO tight that I think you might put too much tension on the film and crease it like I did. It was fine that way I did it.

Thanks

Thanks alot Scott. :twocents

PS-whole car can be down with 20". Back window is a 5 minute wet shrink and 5 min install. Dots all around and no tabs/obstructions.

I take the door card off!, dead easy!

Around the handle there is a small cover that just pulls off, there is 3 screws behind there and the rest is just clips! If you grab the bottom of the door card while its nearly slid closed, you can just pull it sharply and the whole thing comes off! Wee buns

It only take 3-4 mins, so I think its worth it to get the job mint!

Goodluck buddy

Also do you not take out the 1/4 glass window on the sliding door? I done my 1st 5 without taking it out and it left that small curved corner untinted, didnt look factory! So I'v always pulled it out! Looks perfect! I upped the price and told them the story, this dealership always wants the best

Guest scottydosnntkno
Also do you not take out the 1/4 glass window on the sliding door? I done my 1st 5 without taking it out and it left that small curved corner untinted, didnt look factory! So I'v always pulled it out! Looks perfect! I upped the price and told them the story, this dealership always wants the best

Thats the complete opposite of around here, the dealerships always want the cheapest price and the best work. Thats why we have to come up with compromises. Some dealers flip out when I tell them that I need a tech to take appart the back shelf before I get there, or the door panels or whatever. Others will do all I ask and then some. My acura dealer will pull the whole deck, pillars, headliner, and back seat uppers so I have "complete access" even though I've told them how many times I don't need it that good. Oh well, I don't complain

Archived