Mazda 6 Brake Light

Carmeltinting.com

Anyone else had a hard time of it taking the 2009 Mazda 6 3rd brake light out? I had a terrible time doing so. I finally had the technician come over and remove it. Getting it back in place was difficult as well because the cheap thing wanted to fall apart on me. So much for Quality. What should have taken me 45 min total ended up taking 1 1/2 hours. :dunno 2009 Mazda 6 back glass

I do lots of these cars..the first time I did one, this was my experience..now I have no issues. Resort to the fact that when you go to remove it , it WILL come apart on you ..no biggie because it just snaps back together like Lego..tight to put back but no problem after doing a couple :dunno

Guest scottydosnntkno
I do lots of these cars..the first time I did one, this was my experience..now I have no issues. Resort to the fact that when you go to remove it , it WILL come apart on you ..no biggie because it just snaps back together like Lego..tight to put back but no problem after doing a couple :dunno

Kind of like Saab/TL third break light covers. They just pop off, but the way they come off you swear you are breaking the tabs off.

Guest beano

what model? sedan, hatch or wagon. as mentioned in other posts I work in a mazda dealership and have never needed to remove the 3rd light. ive always used the "bulldozer" I believe its called. (assuming you shrink the tint on the outside of the vehicle first) ive heard of others doing it inside.

Guest beano

ill get back to you next time we have one in the workshop but ive never needed to remove one before. we sell heaps of them and im sorry I havnt taken much notice before. hopefully I can send info by the weekend

I've done quite a few of these now (newer models)..seriously, these are not bad at all to take out once you've fought with the first couple . Reside to the fact that it's only coming out in 2 pieces (it will come apart on you when taking it out), the 2 pieces snap back together like Lego , reinstall is a breeze. I've done well over 30 of these now and like anything , when you've done a few..it is very easy and quick.

I'm a big fan on the bulldozer :beer ..but not when a brake light comes out as a separate piece easily from the deck. :spit

To each his/her own :D

Just did one, and to get the brake light out, pop it up on the part facing you, put you fingers in and grab and pull hard towards you. To replace, connect the light that fell out first, then replace back into the cover, push in then push down to snap it back in. Easy car.

Hey just did a 2010 Mazda 6 at the dealer yesterday, back window is ALOT easier compared to the older body style! The brakelight was the hardest part, I couldnt get it out for the life of me so I called over a technician and after 3 of them AND a shop manager trying to get it out they said, "I dont know man, we never had to take one out sorry" and they walked away, so determined, I just pried the back up with my screwdriver and got my fingers and pulled straight towards me and it came right out. The rest of the car was cake, I snapped a quick pic but the customer was picking it up as I was finishing it up so here ya go. Suntek STD 35% all the way around. Oh and by the way, to get the keys to work in those or start them you have to put your foot on the brake, that took me a bit to figure out. :zzzMAZDA.jpg

Archived