Rear deck removal on 2007 Mazda 6 sedan

Guest ktown

I've never had to remove one..you must be doing something other than tinting the back window since its mot necessary to remove it for tinting ?

Guest ktown

Disregard the customer found his atm card! The customer called saying his atm card got put under the deck by a kid, and wanted me to remove the deck to get his card.

For deck panel pullers wanting to know: it is possible to tint the rear glass on these without pulling it, as long as you can nail the shrink, they take awhile. But I had to remove one because it was a peel and retint (old bubbly) and I couldn't get all the film off the bottom of the glass.

It's pretty much straight forward, fold down rear seat, remove the side bolsters: (push down on the bottom seat exposing a 13 mm bolt at the bottom of the bolster, remove, then slide your hand up behind and at the top of the bolster and you will feel a release tab; it rotates about an 1/8th and bolster will easily pop forward. then remove side sail panels which are held in with a 10 mm bolt behind the cover, and some clips. Then remove the clips on the front of the deck and it will come right out. The one I had had a Bose subwoofer, didn't have to remove the grille it came out with the deck. Once you figure out the release tabs on the side seat bolsters these decks are fast to remove.

Archived