What cutting surface have you

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do them on the window except when I have to get a straight edge I can't hide under the frame/rubber.

almost pool sized table frame with a panel glass on top. I can put a light under if I need to.

Guest Sprinter

I have some thick plastic 3/8 inches wide its not plexi but the other stuff can't think of what it's called! I spin it twords the driveway if I'm going to cut a truck rear window pattern and it helps to have the wxtra light behind it!

MDOG you ever put a light under yo glass ?? :spit :spit

Yeah MDOG..you've been complaining about lack of ligh when making cuts for a while now..surprised you never thought about this and made a post about it and post pics of it in use for all to see :nono

Guest Sprinter

the guy before me at this car wash lefft a glass holder with a light behind it and it worked real good!

what he did was got a piece of glass about 6 ft X 4ft and then cut 2x4's with a slot in it and then the glass would lay kin the slot and then he bolted all the wood together like a picture frame. put some hinges on the top and then put some pvc pipe about 12 inchs mounted on the bottom so you could pull the pipes down and they would lock into postion aginst the wall and you'd have an ajustable glass for tilting it back. and he mounted 3 flouresant lights behind it.

I've found some big pieces of glass at a 2nd hand constuction out let for real cheap like 5ft X 7ft for 40.00 bucks!

Guest tinterjim

I use a old single pane sliding glass door hung on the wall with 2 floresent lights mounted behind it. I found the glass at a glass shop, they miss cut it so I got it for free :spit The light behind really help because I double cut everything.

Archived