I need suggestions for blacking out my living room

Guest tizlinda

Guest Georgia
The best solution when wanting to completely block the sun from entering a room is to use blackout blinds for covering available windows and even glass doors. Blackout blinds are ideal for use inside professional dark-rooms, studios and projection interiors. Here are some other benefits offered by blackout blinds in general [snip] . Hope it helps

I agree with you Crane, blackout blinds are indeed one the best solutions for darkening a room. I bought some blackout velux blinds in bespoke sizes, which is great as I was able to completely block the sunlight entering the attic, resulting in an affordable theatre room :D

Guest elly0826

hello, you can use the roller blinds, the fabric was divided into the PVC+polyester.which is cheaper and pritice. because I am a company from china was produce all window treatment like roller shades, pleated or black out shade, shangri-la shade & so on.our productions was imported from the Korea and Taiwan. you can can contact me I will tell you how chose.

Sype: Boomsun01

MSN: elly19820826@hotmail.com

E-mail: info.bj@boomsunhk.com

Mobile: 86 + 18610287354(24hrs)

Guest Thomasjacob

I just bought a new house and want to be able to black out my living room in the most cost effective, but practical way. We have to make a decision by Saturday and we've explored the following with a designer; shutters, Drapes, blinds and roller blinds.

The drapes are the only way to block all light and I am trying to prevent any glare that might affect my viewing pleasure on a large plasma, but they are very expensive as they need to be custom made. The windows are three 5x6 with a bit less than 1 ft wall space between.

buying just the blinds are a fifth of the cost of drapes so I was wondering if adding a tint to the windows and perhaps blinds would be a viable alternative. I just thought of this today and researched online. I need opinions from someone who has experience.

I see blackout tints that supposedly block 100% of light, do they really?

It would be great if I didnt need 100% blackout to accomplish my desired effect, but I wonder if anything less will find me staring at the window in my television. If I got blackout tint there is no point in covering with any shades or drapes other than for looks and I don't think my wife will want just tint with zero light. So I need someone to tell me 20 or 30% will work for me. Or Drapes it is. What would you do?

Why don't you install sealed window coverings in your room. They are perfect for darkening bright rooms.

Archived