2001 Trans Am WS6

mustangdroptop96

Hey guys I know starting out I always feared this window and heard it was one of the hardest windows to do. Camaro/Trans am back glass. Well, I did one the other day back window in one piece. guy told me he had shops say its IMPOSSIBLE to do in one piece and another shop quote him 300 just for the back window and 2 sides. First time doing the back glass of one of those, and it came out flawless. Just wanted to shed some light on anyone who is scared of this back window, it really isnt bad just take your time, anchor high and ignore the top to start. work on the bottom corner fingers and push them towards the center and take your hard card and push very carefully all the water out. then finish off the top shrinking, cut it out and have a partner open the hatch while you climb in there and put it up one piece. I also did the windshield on this car, black on black, like a night rider car haha. If you want pictures let me know! This site doesnt let me upload pictures because they are too big!

Hey guys I know starting out I always feared this window and heard it was one of the hardest windows to do. Camaro/Trans am back glass. Well, I did one the other day back window in one piece. guy told me he had shops say its IMPOSSIBLE to do in one piece and another shop quote him 300 just for the back window and 2 sides. First time doing the back glass of one of those, and it came out flawless. Just wanted to shed some light on anyone who is scared of this back window, it really isnt bad just take your time, anchor high and ignore the top to start. work on the bottom corner fingers and push them towards the center and take your hard card and push very carefully all the water out. then finish off the top shrinking, cut it out and have a partner open the hatch while you climb in there and put it up one piece. I also did the windshield on this car, black on black, like a night rider car haha. If you want pictures let me know! This site doesnt let me upload pictures because they are too big!

Use Photobucket to post pics of the back glass.

Don't post pics of the windshield. Dumb idea to post that on here

Once you do enough of them, its not too bad at all. I own a 99 camaro SS...and Ive done it quite a few times.

and yes mine is black as well, WITH the windshield done too, screw it, ill put some pics up sooner or later, I dont think its a problem :bingo

Best luck I've had is take a medium sized towel maybe 1'x3' and roll it up then use that to massage the film down and outwards starting in the middle of the window. Works well at pushing the film all at once with less chance of creasing. I've done it with 1 mil films being pretty abusive :bingo

Guest xalonzox

088.jpg

:dunno

I did this WS6 in one-piece dry and seemed easier than it looked before I started it. I just had to go a little slower getting the bottom to lay down nicely. I used dryer sheets and got it on the first try... Sun Gard films, I got to make some money man!

Archived