Windshield replacements

Looking into expanding business into windshield replacement as all the other companies that do the work for body shops, ect around here come from 45 minutes away. If anyone here currently does windshield replacements, can you lead me to a great source for getting started? Thanks.

I have done it for 11 years. It's not exactly something you can just jump in to. If you know of an experienced installer to come work for you, then a viable thing, but otherwise it takes quite a bit of tools, experience, supplies, etc. A good resource for information would be your local auto glass supplier, PPG, Pilkington, Mygrant, Service Auto Glass, etc.

yeah we do it here as well.

you dont need too many tools but they can be pricey. but it is a good idea to have all the tools just n case.

Eh, true, I wouldn't say you need a lot of tools, but you need to be prepared for any situation, or at least that is my take on it. I will say life has been made easy with my Express.

hell yeah I got the extractor like 3 years ago. it was like $700 but worth it. youll need random things like rivet guns and a bunch of misc clips and attachments. an electric caulking gun, a good one. cold knives, blades; I even have the stupid rope with handles.

but since the extractor came out we dont have to use hardly any of them.

hey the man, did you screw your battery pack in? ive heard that the terminals got corroded from the vinration of the battery pack. a friend told me to secure it with one screw. I havent done it yet so I thought id ask your opinion on it. you just screw the battery into the gun from one of the corners.

I use an electric (plug in) Express, so no problems like that, and tons of power. I did have an employee with an 18v Express an he used to have problems with the internal wiring of the battery coming loose, he put a velcro strap to help it stay more secure and it sort of helped.

Archived