Pay Scale for Tinters

Guest TheQueenOfTint

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

hell no I'd do piece work if I was working for somebody and doing that many cars. At least $70 a car which would be about 35% commision in this area. Do the math, thats over 3 bills a day for that many cars. That is what leads to employee dishonesty being paid like that.

hell no I'd do piece work if I was working for somebody and doing that many cars. At least $70 a car which would be about 35% commision in this area. Do the math, thats over 3 bills a day for that many cars. That is what leads to employee dishonesty being paid like that.

:beer

employee should get payed well, then he'll earn you some money too and not steel from you

feeling of being used (as in underpayed) is a horrible motivator, but a good comision is great

even if he's slow he'll soon be trying to get faster (if quality is a problem that's another thing)

we pay by square foot: $1.50/sq. ft. for a good tinter!

you low balling? or is the market that hard up for a good tinter? 2 bux is about base for a vet.

Not low balling.... we have a very good and experienced tinter that we pay 1.50...

Guest sound&security

your in cali-fort lauderdale and miami customers can get a whole car tinted for $35 at the flee markets [no joke cut and slap with the door windows up] with china made tint [1 ply-dye in the adhesive]

we have to fight for $160 -$200 a car here with installers who have been tinting for 12-20 years and thats with 3m and llumar films.

the most a piece work tinter makes in fort lauderdale is $20-$25 a car and theres plenty of them here that can do 8 cars a day with the plotter and mint installs with filed window edges-their a dime a dozen-sad but all so true.

TINT WORLD in broward [7 locations] only pays their tinters $100 aday [9-1/2 hours] and pushes them to film at least 6 cars a day each or your out the door and the next day some one eles is in your spot.

IF your really good-you might make $200 a day at a shop like ours but your going to still work at least 60 hours a week.

THE FLEE MARKETS pay the illegal tinters 45-60 a day-legal shops pay 100 a day.

NO way a car tinter is making more than $100 a day or 70 a car when they only charge 35-100 a car.

Edited by sound&security

Guest thatsnappyguy

35% is really good for a good shop. but the tinter needs to be able to put out alot of work. $1 per square foot comm flat glass, but it needs to be more when it comes to res. since it takes alot longer to get the footage on a house compared to a building. salary is good if you willing to pay a tinter at least $800 a week. its not bad when u get a $4g week and it only cost you $800 + material. other wise it would cost $1,400 + material...then again, it all depends on the tinter, the production of the shop, and the production that the tinter can push out.

Guest scottydosnntkno

your in cali-fort lauderdale and miami customers can get a whole car tinted for $35 at the flee markets [no joke cut and slap with the door windows up] with china made tint [1 ply-dye in the adhesive]

we have to fight for $160 -$200 a car here with installers who have been tinting for 12-20 years and thats with 3m and llumar films.

the most a piece work tinter makes in fort lauderdale is $20-$25 a car and theres plenty of them here that can do 8 cars a day with the plotter and mint installs with filed window edges-their a dime a dozen-sad but all so true.

TINT WORLD in broward [7 locations] only pays their tinters $100 aday [9-1/2 hours] and pushes them to film at least 6 cars a day each or your out the door and the next day some one eles is in your spot.

IF your really good-you might make $200 a day at a shop like ours but your going to still work at least 60 hours a week.

THE FLEE MARKETS pay the illegal tinters 45-60 a day-legal shops pay 100 a day.

NO way a car tinter is making more than $100 a day or 70 a car when they only charge 35-100 a car.

sounds like you need to move if you're making that kind of money

I'd rather take the day off then go to work for $100/day