Pay Scale for Tinters

Guest TheQueenOfTint

I would never talk about pay with anyone! Money separates people. For the love of money is the root of all evil. I say stop flying around like a bee going from flower to flower so to speak. Getting info from people for pay scale. If I was the owner I would start the pay scale small them maybe pay more with experience. The bad thing about this industry and others is that owner's try to trick employee's with the money to hold them down never to grow. what ya'll think?

I would never talk about pay with anyone! Money separates people. For the love of money is the root of all evil. I say stop flying around like a bee going from flower to flower so to speak. Getting info from people for pay scale. If I was the owner I would start the pay scale small them maybe pay more with experience. The bad thing about this industry and others is that owner's try to trick employee's with the money to hold them down never to grow. what ya'll think?

We had a part timer with little experience we were paying $10 a hour, a lot of his work had to be redone or came back but we were willing to train him and believed eventually we'd make money on him. About 1 month into working with him, he asked for a $5 raise, if he had been able to tint 3 cars a day without issues I would have gladly paid him more, but he didn't so he went to another shop where they offered him more. I believe he told them he was better than he actually was....I still couldn't have justified paying him that much with so little experience and only doing 2 cars a day with help. I am all about being fair and paying an employee a fair wage, but I know a lot of smaller shops can't afford to invest in someone to keep them while they learn. If he would have been able to do 4 a day I would have paid him $20 easy + monthly bonuses, loyalty is expensive :rollin

Guest Pacific Islander

From we're from;

- Preppers start at minimum

- tinters with 1 yr. exp. = 9+ per hr.

- tinters with 3 yrs plus exp. 10+ per hr.

- Managers = 2,500. to 3,500. per mth.

There are many variables as well;

- what if customer comes back with workmanship? Do you pay the person to redo his or her work?

- Fed. law requires you pay people who work for you...period.

- Warranty claims...do you pay more for removal

- who pays for customer property damage when accidents happen...unless you're a miracle shop that doesn't have accidents?

This is a touchy subject at the same time like mentioned earlier...it's what the market can bare.

Guest mikebrooks
we pay by square foot: $1.50/sq. ft. for a good tinter!

you low balling? or is the market that hard up for a good tinter? 2 bux is about base for a vet.

NOT IN SOUTH FLA-flat glass installers are paid $1 a ft for standard film then it goes up from there for french pains/ladder work and security film

4mil starts at 1.50 a ft install pay.

NOW on the other hand-if you tint cars-most tinters make [only if their work is clean and quick] and can do at least 5-6 cars a day-$100-$150 a day.

DEPENDABLE and at least 40 cars a week =900-1000 a week with no come backs

if u have guys that think thats a good deal then tell them i have oceanfront property in las vegas for sale really cheap!lol

Edited by mikebrooks

Guest ptownstint

Ipay 30% if my tinter does the car him self 20% if i work on it with him he makes anywhere from 8 to 14 hundred a 6 day work week depending on how business is

35 % To run shop completely ( seems to only work in Florida for me ). Not to long ago I was in Louisville, Kentucky and I was lucky to see $ 400 a week. The problem was in Louisville they just culd not seem to get the money out of the jobs combined with owner of shop not knowing what the hell he was doing. :lol