Choose between these two tints.

Guest Hondabuff

Guest mikeMN
I figure if you got enough exp. to tint your car , you should have enough knowledge to know what film to use ... :asshat:

Hit it right on the head.................

I run a Home Theater installation business and if some one asks me on a forum that they are doing a Cat/5 run and which Hdmi Balun to use I'am not going to tell them they should have enough experience to know which to use......Come on...you guys are window tinters...nothing more, nothing less, you dont even have to go to a H.S.Local vo-tech school to learn the trade....not exactly the most demanding skilled trade to learn. From alot of the searches I have found, I see the same lame A$$ responses. I'm sure the way you guys act on a forum are exactly how you treat customers when they come into your shop..no wonder why window tint shops get a bad rap.

I make more tinting windows then most with a degree and I GOT PAID for learning this trade. No loan to pay back. As tinting has been very very good to me. So you need to pony up and take it to a pro.I have to go now as I have some special tinting business I need to attend to that supersedes any dumb @ss questions you may have regarding tinting. Good luck with that! :hmmm

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Hondabuff
I figure if you got enough exp. to tint your car , you should have enough knowledge to know what film to use ... :hmmm

I run a Home Theater installation business and if some one asks me on a forum that they are doing a Cat/5 run and which Hdmi Balun to use I'am not going to tell them they should have enough experience to know which to use......Come on...you guys are window tinters...nothing more, nothing less, you dont even have to go to a H.S.Local vo-tech school to learn the trade....not exactly the most demanding skilled trade to learn. From alot of the searches I have found, I see the same lame A$$ responses. I'm sure the way you guys act on a forum are exactly how you treat customers when they come into your shop..no wonder why window tint shops get a bad rap.

Nice response.................but since you just run a home theater business, I guess you don't know any better..................just window tinters, nothing more, nothing less??? AH, since you must have gone to MIT to learn YOUR trade, we lowly tinters should bow down to your highness......................wonderful first attempt at looking for advice, :asshat: hys.gif

I bet it took two days for you to finally make that post...maybe If I hang around long enough you can show me how to use all those cool icons.. :hmmm Thank you for those who have answered my question, but I,m done on this thread.

I figure if you got enough exp. to tint your car , you should have enough knowledge to know what film to use ... :beer

Nice response.................but since you just run a home theater business, I guess you don't know any better..................just window tinters, nothing more, nothing less??? AH, since you must have gone to MIT to learn YOUR trade, we lowly tinters should bow down to your highness......................wonderful first attempt at looking for advice, :beer:dunno

I bet it took two days for you to finally make that post...maybe If I hang around long enough you can show me how to use all those cool icons.. :beer Thank you for those who have answered my question, but I,m done on this thread.

You're welcome, Junior.................... :beer

Guest Hondabuff

So ended up using Valuetint 35% Sirius II. Looks darker in the picture then it is up close. The tint shrinks super easy on the back window and even had some horizontal fingers shrink out with no problem. The tint has a brown hue to it from the inside. All I know is that you have to power squegee like a mofo to get all the water out from underneath the film. I have used better film before but for the price, you get a good result. I will have to wait for it to dry out to judge the clairity of the film. Anyone use the sirius II and notice it takes alot of pressure to get the film clear...

DSCN6911800x600640x480.jpg

DSCN6910800x600640x480.jpg

Guest Hondabuff

Clean front to back. Used acetone on a rag on the rear defrost lines and the tint sticks like champ. All corners cut using the edge of my teflon gold card.

DSCN6920.jpg

DSCN6916.jpg

DSCN6914.jpg

DSCN6913.jpg

DSCN6912.jpg

Archived