Sharp Apples!?!?!

Guest Bluefeather

Guest Bluefeather

:nope:thumb:nope:hmmm Some tinters out there are not the sharpest apples in the drawer. Case and point...... I remember being on a commercial job once where we had a crew of 8 working . It was a huge job, ladders, scaffolding, etc. and 4000 french panes to tint. I remember my boss had hired a new guy on from Texas. Anyway, I'm on top of one of the 12' extension ladders, tinting away , and I look over to see the new guy working on the lower panes and I asked him what the hell he was doing? He replyed to say that you guys here in CA. do things all backwards and that he always did the lower ones first so he would'nt have to clean them twice :hmmm:lol:lol I just told him whatever :lol , and told him he was nuts for working underneath the ladders. Anyway, I climbed down the ladder to refill my bottle and heard this guy sreamin'. I looked over and he had one of those heavy 8" scrapers sticking straight out of the side of his head that one of the other guys dropped. The blade had to of at least gone into his skull about an inch and a half for it to stick out like that. I can only imagine the pain. Anyway, needless to say, he didn't work for us any longer :thumb

Bluefeather

Aside from the horrific accident..I agree with you Blue...I'd do the tops anyways for 2 other reasons ..even if safety wasn't and issue(working by yourself that is)

1. You get all the ladder work done with and treat yourself to being on the ground level towards the end of the job.

2. you wont's slop solution all over the tint work you just got doing below you

:booga

Nasty accident for sure...boneheads :lol

Guest Me_shelli

:thumb Oh my! That had to hurt.

Always work top to bottom too. That how I was taught to clean, and that is how I tint. We don't do clean up untill the entire job is done.

Archived