BUICK ENCLAVE 2009

Guest patternmaker

Guest patternmaker

I SEE THE FRONT GLASS IS LAMINATED AS MOST ARE TEMPERED. ANY PROBLEMS WITH LOW HEAT CRACKING DUE TO ABSORBING AND HOLD TO MUCH HEAT?

I SEE THE FRONT GLASS IS LAMINATED AS MOST ARE TEMPERED. ANY PROBLEMS WITH LOW HEAT CRACKING DUE TO ABSORBING AND HOLD TO MUCH HEAT?

Oh HELL No! :thumb Why You yellin' at everyone with all the caps? :thumb

this isnt right? tempered glass is never laminated...windshields are enealed glass..oops where the grammer natzi when you need him....tempered-small enealed large-shards

you wont ever have any problems with that....

Guest thatsnappyguy

the fact that its lami glass doors doesnt change a thing. sure it will push it a little closer to the breaking point with that glass, but still have a long way. just dont put too much heat on it, and do not use the torch what so ever. if I have a finger of lil crease with lami glass, I just take the heat gun to the inside and apply heat directly to the tint it self cuz thats just too much heat passing through that glass. now, it the sunroof was lami, then I wouldnt recommend tinting it with any dark heat absorbing film...just all metal.

Guest scottydosnntkno

this isnt right? tempered glass is never laminated...windshields are enealed glass..oops where the grammer natzi when you need him....tempered-small enealed large-shards

you wont ever have any problems with that....

thats why he said its laminated, while MOST are tempered. :inot

the fact that its lami glass doors doesnt change a thing. sure it will push it a little closer to the breaking point with that glass, but still have a long way. just dont put too much heat on it, and do not use the torch what so ever. if I have a finger of lil crease with lami glass, I just take the heat gun to the inside and apply heat directly to the tint it self cuz thats just too much heat passing through that glass. now, it the sunroof was lami, then I wouldnt recommend tinting it with any dark heat absorbing film...just all metal.

:inot sometimes I still put heat through it when I forget, even when I know its lami. no problems yet. my glass guy said the breaking point of laminated is usually 1200 degrees, but I don't know how accurate that is :inot

Archived