spray on bedliner

HEy guys id like to bump this topic but ignore the spammers ,

im currently a mobile tinter but I am looking at factories to work from and today I got a call from rhino liners about starting up in my area , can anyone in this field pm me so I can have a chat yo you ! I can spray cars so I do have some skills obviously would require some training but I think it would be an excellent opportunity to add to my business !

any help and feedback would be great guys !!!

I am at a Line-X dealership and thank god I don't have to spray those things! I'll stick with tint. They can be pretty expensive to get in to if you want to get the "good stuff" for sure. :wtf

If I was considiring bedliners... The reflex guys in Canada have a good product and own the patent for the masking tape with a wire in it (like line-x uses) the rhino start-up is expensive and requires climate control for the spray equipment or the material will turn to goo in the hoses and equipment... And rhino edges are cut with a utility knife so ugly a caveman probably did do it. :) 2 drums of the line-x lasts only about 10 days and the cost is about 3K for 'em. The line-x franchise requires you to re-work any warranty of their product even if you diddnt do the work. All of em require an extra hour to break down and clean and re-assemble the equipment daily. If you do the color match stuff the fire marshall will require sprinklers and exits and all kind of renovation expense too. ... But the thing that really sux is how they look after a year or two of UV ... chaulky and grey and really nasty.

When I 1st started tinting the shop did reflex, god what a mess. I'm sure every brand is a mess, the chemical smell was nasty. The shop I was at got shut down since they had the equivalent of a shower fan as their ventilation.... I felt bad for those installers.

considering we are currently transitioning from less truck to more auto I would think this business is shrinking.

When I 1st started tinting the shop did reflex, god what a mess. I'm sure every brand is a mess, the chemical smell was nasty. The shop I was at got shut down since they had the equivalent of a shower fan as their ventilation.... I felt bad for those installers.

considering we are currently transitioning from less truck to more auto I would think this business is shrinking.

What he said. Had 2 friends - one in a coastal market the other in a mountain market - lose their ass getting into that add on line. Both long term film installers now with a new appreciation of the film business. Neither still offer it and the financial drain nearly broke them.

Time consuming, dirty work with smaller margins than ever.

Archived