2 side quarters tinted -- can see quite thick pen mark around edges -

Guest bbsb1970

Guest bbsb1970

Hey folks,

Had 2 rear sides (with quarters) and back screen tinted earlier today. The back's good, as well as the sides. But I'm not 100% happy with the quarters. I can see pen marks around each quarter (so that's 2 quarters I'm not happy with). I wasn't expecting that. Are such pen marking normal? I thought that sides are merely cut, with no pen markings. Do pros use pen markings? How should I deal with this? Please let me know how I should approach this. The tint dude was professional and courteous. I'm just a perfectionist. Cost me 220 euros. (Here in Finland.)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bbsb1970
Take it back to the shop and ask them.... They'll probably take care of it for ya.. :lol

Thanks for the reply. I just hate having to ask somebody (who is a pro) to correct work. I really thought the work would be faultless. How long, on average, will the quarters' removal take for him to do? -- that's 2 quarters total. What's that process involve, and how long, on average, will it take him to put new film in there on the quarters?

Btw, I had LLumar Dark Titanium tint 15% put in for the sides and back.

Guest bbsb1970

Should I be able to see pen markings on the quarter window' film edges, or am I asking for too much? Just want to be reasonable and know what I can reasonably expect. I guess I expected such markings to be hidden. How do you pros do it? Do you mark with a pen, or just use your blades? Please advise on this, and the previous question.

Humbly,

BB

Guest bbsb1970
Sometimes they will outline the pattern with a marker...thus reducing the chance for the blade to scratch the glass.....can u see the pen marking from the outside?

Cheers for the reply. Actually, I can't see the markings from the outside, but just from the inside, on those quarters. And, from what I can see, the other windows he did (the sides and back) had no such markings.

What do you think?

On smaller pieces of film its much easier to outline the pattern and then cut it out. If Your really unhappy, take it back and have them redo it. If its not that noticeable, leave it alone, and in a week or two take some soap and water to it gently.

Guest bbsb1970

Ok, I think I'll ask them re-do those sides (what's perfect/not perfect is so subjective), but anybody know if this will be a lengthy job? (Because of removing tint, then re-cleaning the quarters, and then applying new tint to those quarters.) Need to know because I'm guessing now this corrective work will have to be done after I come back from vacation with the car - perhaps the tint dude won't have time before I leave next Monday.

Guest bbsb1970

Ok, I'll take a pic tomorrow. Night here now. Hope to post the pic tomorrow for all to see. Thanks for your thoughts, Board members.

Archived