White Card Trick

Guest tintpro2007

Guest blueyes

Hey Snappy Im going down to Louisiana to visit my dad for a few weeks. You have any work? I hate vacations all you do is spend money. I like to pay as I go. Im serious let me know.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest scottydosnntkno
ever since my shop light broke when I dropped it a couple weeks ago(stupid fluorescents, thought they were stronger) I've gotten really good and the lift, look and cut technique. Lift the film, look under it and follow along the line as your laying the film back down. Saves me a lot of time, especially on two doors not constantly getting it and out to reposition the light :cool

I have ruined many back windows using this technique by cutting inside the line.

usually if I get inside a little, its like 1/4" or less, so you can just keep going and once you get on the inside between the shrinkage to the inside, and the extra on the opposite side it will cover it up no problem. I haven't had any that I had to scrap for that reason yet :beer

Guest thatsnappyguy
Hey Snappy Im going down to Louisiana to visit my dad for a few weeks. You have any work? I hate vacations all you do is spend money. I like to pay as I go. Im serious let me know.

yea we have been unusally busy considering the way we were a few months back. what are you getting at though?

Strips of thick paper (about 3" by 8") that have been laminated work really well too. Just keep 5 or 6 of them around and tuck them all in, this way you don't have to keep moving your little card and they can't get ruined by water since they are laminated. :beer

ive even seen this trick used as protectors form the felt bomb cars,,,seen it work well to keep felt out of the tint...there are more like 3 inch strips folded and then also has relief cuts for the cars that have alot of curve.

on a lot of cars the rubber/plastic gasket on the bottom of the window on the outside follows the exact contour of the black border. Slide the film down before shrinking cut along that edge, slide back up to the proper position and shrink. You have the bottom cut perfectley without having to go back and do it. Still gotta do the sides and top but those are always easier. Can only be done on some cars but it saves so much time!

Guest beano

never heard of "SECOND SHRINK" or cutting on the glass

I always use the old tint backing to make templates first, that way when you have an exact template you can put it in a folder and file it. I never cut on glass, its too dodgey and too higher risk. all you need is some old tint backing some clearpacking tape. spray the glass with water aplly the backing, smooth it out with a rag, draw the outline then cut it out on a bench. ill send some pics of my procedure if you wish. its all very simple. I have templates for side windows and all, cut to measure ready to fit, I can make a template ready to fit. I honestly came here to learn some thing but honestly can say I havnt learnt much

cheers

Archived