Cutting the trash bag

as any one who uses a bag obviously know, that you cant see thru the bag when cutting. and as you also know that any fingers in the bag are just allowing the steam to escape. So the better the bag fis the better your end result will be. So here is my lil trick for getting the bag to fit as niceley as possible. Simply take your film that your going to install, and place it on top of the bag on your peel board, and use that pattern to cut the bag.

Also dont be cheap and use the thin dollar store bags.. Use a contractor bag, because the added thickness allows you to place it much easier and faster. Ive seen so many people wrestling with a bag for like 5 mins to get it smoothed out right.. well that extra 4 1/2 mins is half a roll up to me, so I look at it as $ bieng lost not saved.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You use a different bag on each car? Why not just cut the bag on the sides so its wide when you open it and use a hard card to shove it into the top and side of the back glass when sweating. A new bag on each car sounds like wasting money to me.

Guest blueyes

We charge aminimum of one man hour $50.00 to remove old film. If its gonna take some time we charge $100.00. A few bucks to get the job done right and quick is worth a good black trash bag. side note,Ive been tinting on and off for close to twenty years. we were always told that you have to use amonia to sweet film. a few days ago I read on here some guy said he just used soap and water. Well guess what. I had a strip job today with plenty of time to expieriment and I tried useing only soap and water. Can you believe it came off! after all this time caughing and hacking my lungs up using amonia, stinking up the customers car all you need is SOAP AND WATER!! :beer:beer

Guest scottydosnntkno
We charge aminimum of one man hour $50.00 to remove old film. If its gonna take some time we charge $100.00. A few bucks to get the job done right and quick is worth a good black trash bag. side note,Ive been tinting on and off for close to twenty years. we were always told that you have to use amonia to sweet film. a few days ago I read on here some guy said he just used soap and water. Well guess what. I had a strip job today with plenty of time to expieriment and I tried useing only soap and water. Can you believe it came off! after all this time caughing and hacking my lungs up using amonia, stinking up the customers car all you need is SOAP AND WATER!! :beer:dunno

you don't even need soap, just water :dunno all you want to do is get the humidity back into the glue so it comes off. Just like using a steamer, no soap in there :beer

You use a different bag on each car? Why not just cut the bag on the sides so its wide when you open it and use a hard card to shove it into the top and side of the back glass when sweating. A new bag on each car sounds like wasting money to me.

Because if the bag fits better, and has no finger for the moister to escape, it works better and faster..

Or You could just use a clear trash bag....cut it on the window the same way You cut Your pattern...

The clear bags tend to be thinner, and that takes us back to wasting time trying to get it to lay..

Guest drmrjon

Go with a steamer and save yourself the down time on waiting for the bag and water to sweat the film loose. If you do 2 or 3 removals it will pay for a good steemer. :beer

Archived