Cutting the trash bag

Guest Sunlimited

I use a plastic seat cover, like the ones mechanics use so they don't get your car all greasy...Then do the same thing, if there's glue I spray it down with a little ammoniated cleaner, put the liner back up and soften it up :beer

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't you guys still have the issue of the glue being left on the glass and not coming off with the film ?

No it normaly comes off with the film.. really the only times it leaves a residue is if its really old film. Then I just do as booms said and rebag it, but this time I use ammonia...

Go with a steamer and save yourself the down time on waiting for the bag and water to sweat the film loose. If you do 2 or 3 removals it will pay for a good steemer. :beer

I use a steamer in the winter months or on a rainy day. But on a sunny day I bag the back glass then strip the doors outside while the back glass is getting the sun. No wasted time at all.. The steamer would actualy take longer then doing it this way

you don't even need soap, just water :cool all you want to do is get the humidity back into the glue so it comes off. Just like using a steamer, no soap in there :beer

True, the soap is not needed, but it makes it easier to slide the bag on the back glass...just like film. Rarely is there any glue left when the film is removed. Ive used a steamer plenty of times, but imo it takes much longer than leaving the back glass out in the sun for 10 minutes. I could have been using it wrong though. In the winter time/rainy day I do the sweat indoors using the defroster and a trash bag. It takes much much longer but I can have all the doors cleaned and film cut by the time the back glass is ready to come off, and then it takes another 5 minutes (or less) to clean it.

You use a different bag on each car? Why not just cut the bag on the sides so its wide when you open it and use a hard card to shove it into the top and side of the back glass when sweating. A new bag on each car sounds like wasting money to me.

Because if the bag fits better, and has no finger for the moister to escape, it works better and faster..

Yeah, but if the bag is bigger than the back glass exposure, you wont have fingers b/c you are shoving it into the sail panels and headliner.

Go with a steamer and save yourself the down time on waiting for the bag and water to sweat the film loose. If you do 2 or 3 removals it will pay for a good steemer. :beer

I use to steam off the rear but last few months been bagging the rear. I find when you use the steamer on he rear you still get glue spots were you have to scrubb and always get some dirt under or strands off the stesl wool. When you sweat it off it takes it off clean and get a cleaner install . I do use the steamer on the side windows .

Guest scottydosnntkno
Don't you guys still have the issue of the glue being left on the glass and not coming off with the film ?

most times 98% of the glue comes off with the bag, except for maybe a couple little spots in the corners. on removals I scrub the whole back glass with steel wool afterwards anyways, so it doesn't make a big difference :beer

I use a steamer in the winter months or on a rainy day. But on a sunny day I bag the back glass then strip the doors outside while the back glass is getting the sun. No wasted time at all.. The steamer would actualy take longer then doing it this way

:cool I do the same. I prefer black bags, the darker the window- the faster it heats up.

Archived