Recommended Films

Guest marc@prodrivewales.com

Anyone recommend film? Is there a real difference between film types when it comes to heat shrinking. I currently use solar guard and although I get the result in the end it seems to take a long, long time to shrink compared to all the videos I've watched. I'd like a supplier in the UK though taht can offer next day delivery. Any recommendations would be gratefully received

Guest scottydosnntkno
Anyone recommend film? Is there a real difference between film types when it comes to heat shrinking. I currently use solar guard and although I get the result in the end it seems to take a long, long time to shrink compared to all the videos I've watched. I'd like a supplier in the UK though taht can offer next day delivery. Any recommendations would be gratefully received

I would suggest global, but if you think SG is hard to shrink then Global is going to be even worse. Try upgrading to a big boy heat gun, like a red milwaukee or the blue makita one. Its $100+, but its WORTH IT.

Thanks, does the gun make that much difference. Do you think I'm not turning up th heat enough?

Guest scottydosnntkno
Thanks, does the gun make that much difference. Do you think I'm not turning up th heat enough?

always run your HG on high all the time. YES, a nice heat gun makes a difference. There was just a thread about it a few days ago.

Guest absolutetinting

heat shrinking is personal.

more experience installers can shrink just about anything.

from what I have encountered lulu is probably that easiest film to manipulate. others might disagree, but from carrying several brand(lulu-atr,madi-charcool,

3m-cs,solar gard-hpc,and suntek-carbon) at my old shop. the installers liked the atr the best.

this is only from what I have experience but again, its personal.

Archived