R & R, or film over old tint?

Guest Mo Evo

Guest scottydosnntkno
Does the CLS have the defrosters on the glass or in between the panes? I don't think I have even done one so I don't know. I say remove either way. Bag it and it should be no problem since you say the film is in good condition

I never thought about that. Off hand I don't remember, since during the install I never pay attention. I know the older clks/eclass had it lami'd, so maybe the CLS does too :drive

if so scrape that biatch off :lol

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest scottydosnntkno
according to my glass guy the breaking point of lami is 1200 degrees(according to him) and theres no way its going to get that hot just sitting in the sun steaming :drive

WTF :lol

my glass guy told me that its safe to use the heat gun on lami glass, as long as it doesn't heat it up to 1200 degrees. He said 1200 degrees is the spot breaking point for it, I.e if you held your heat gun(or any heating thing) in one spot and it got that hot, thats how it would crack from thermal stress.

don't ask me, thats just what he told me. I personally have never broken one from too much heat

according to my glass guy the breaking point of lami is 1200 degrees(according to him) and theres no way its going to get that hot just sitting in the sun steaming :drive

my glass guy told me that its safe to use the heat gun on lami glass, as long as it doesn't heat it up to 1200 degrees. He said 1200 degrees is the spot breaking point for it, I.e if you held your heat gun(or any heating thing) in one spot and it got that hot, thats how it would crack from thermal stress.

don't ask me, thats just what he told me. I personally have never broken one from too much heat

you may want to tell your glass guy to check his stats.....

Guest scottydosnntkno

you may want to tell your glass guy to check his stats.....

I figured it wasn't that high, otherwise we wouldn't have any problems.

what is the temp do you know?

Guest scottydosnntkno
It would depend on the size of glass and temperature difference from one side to the other. I believe it to be the same as regular glass.

which means.... :drive

I don't know the specific breaking point for glass. probably isn't a rule of thumb number. the big thing is rapid temperature change. think about shading issues and residential glass breakage. can't be that much of a temp change required for a thermal stress fracture.

as for 1200 degrees, that guy's crazy because some glass melts at that temperature.

Archived