Express Window Films - ceramic line

The Express Ceramic Pearl Automotive Line is identical to the True Black in terms of the look, feel and handling characteristics. The difference is that the Titanium Nitride nanoparticles are embedded into the chips prior to extrusion. These films are manufactured to our unique specifications.

Please do not lump us in with the rest of the private labels on the market. Our order volumes are such that we can cover the MOQs (Minimum Order Quantities) necessary to have films built to spec. They are uniquely our's.

The smaller private labels are the ones that need to “rebox” stock constructions.

are you kidding me?

I remember going into an "EWF" office in Placentia California... I asked for a 40" x 100 ft. roll of film, the worker ran into the back of the warehouse and brought me a 40" roll of Global and told me to wait while he transfers over the global film into the ewf film box. I asked him just to give me the global box so that he doesnt have to waste his ewf box. He mumbled some bullshit about "territorial issues". LOL. If no one believes me... go into the placentia office directly and look into their warehouse. All you see is Global Window Film boxes and empty boxes of EWF. Looks like private label to me.

Are you telling me that a manufacturer builds film that is specific to your spec? Nonsense. I used to be part of an engineering team that built sputtered and dyed PET machines for various film factories through out the world and I know there is no such factory that will make film to your exact specs. If yor MOQ is so high, why don't you tell Global to make film to meet your so called specs. Wait, you don't need to because all you need to do is take some global quick dry and place it inside a box privately labeled 'express window films'. Sounds like a genius plan to me.

EWF, stop acting as if you are one of the big boys like llumar and jwf Your film...err I mean global films are pretty good. But face it, you are a private label. btw...

Concord Window Films = Express Window Films = different 'private' labels for same film. Like I said, genius business strategy!

PS. I ordered some TB today and its friggin awesome!

:):beer says :)

I edited this post to reflect my disbelief of t4f's post not ewf's post

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest scottydosnntkno
Scotty,

I am mailing you some chips right now so you can hold them in your hand. The chips are the precursor, from which the finished polyester film is made. It's a remarkable process.

You are correct. The manufacturers will produce to spec. The rules are simple:

Meet the MOQ

Pay $$$ up front

Keep it confidential

-Howard

I'd like to see them. :beer

So their a precursor to the precursor? My dads company does a LOT of injection molding, so I'm very familiar with raw resins(polyester, reinforced, polycarbonate, polypropolene, etc) when their in the "bead" form if you will. The little tiny kind of balls. That is the "precursor" in the plastic part industry, so I assumed the window film industry was the same way, "raw" "chips" melted into film.

I always enjoy running my hands through 4000lbs+ in a gaylord of it, it feels funny :) My job last summer was to watch the mixer machines and make sure that the colors looked about right, and add some extra if I thought it was needed. What a fun job that was :)

VC !!!!

I did answer your question !!!! I provided a link to the page that lists all our film constructions.

Yes. TB is made from extruded dyed polyester chips (as opposed to clear chips extruded into clear PET film) which is then dyed post-extrusion.

Is this answer satisfactory?

-Howard

VC,

Now I have a question for you:

You post refers to the violation of patents. Over the last 26 years, I have done routine searches at the USPTO for any patents (or patent applications) containing the search term “Window Film”.

Please enlighten me (and all of us) if I am incorrect:

Outside of Steve Phillips’ active patent for the color deposition on the Carbon film, I can not find any active patents or patent applications containing the search term “window film”.

What patents are currently active or pending? Note: This is all public information.

Specifically: What are you referring to?

-Howard

Guest vclimber
VC !!!!

I did answer your question !!!! I provided a link to the page that lists all our film constructions.

Yes. TB is made from extruded dyed polyester chips (as opposed to clear chips extruded into clear PET film) which is then dyed post-extrusion.

Is this answer satisfactory?

-Howard

Yes it is, thanks. :beer

VC,

Now I have a question for you:

You post refers to the violation of patents. Over the last 26 years, I have done routine searches at the USPTO for any patents (or patent applications) containing the search term “Window Film”.

Please enlighten me (and all of us) if I am incorrect:

Outside of Steve Phillips’ active patent for the color deposition on the Carbon film, I can not find any active patents or patent applications containing the search term “window film”.

What patents are currently active or pending? Note: This is all public information.

Specifically: What are you referring to?

-Howard

I believe most of the OEM's will refer to it as "intellectual property" but either way it involves a patent or intellectual right to proprietary construction methods. Most OEM's will avoid designing and building things that violate intellectual property rights unless there is a big plan with a lot of lawyers and money behind it. You'll never find much just typing in "window film." There are hundreds of small patents for component layers and then there are the big dogs. Here is one for a low haze pigmented film.

What patents are active? 3M's Prestige, Southwall has a bunch for V-kool, HO, iQue, so does CPF and others... too many to go into detail but with some creative searching you can find them or there are patent research serves if you are serious about building something that you do not want to violate existing patents.

VC,

Thanks for that link.

That's Dr. Ben Huang's patent for pigmented colored laminating adhesive. I worked with him in the past. I can't find any of the others you are referring to. The USPTO has an excellent search engine http://patft.uspto.gov/netahtml/PTO/search-adv.htm

By law, these patents are within the public domain. So many professionals read these boards: Consider this an open call to post all links!!

-Howard

VC,

Further:

582 Patents come up in the search Since 1976, including Dr. Huang's. Dr. Huang authored it while with FTI, so I excluded that - although the patent is still active as you correctly pointed out. Other than that, I can't find anything other than Steve P's.

The USPTO search engine is used widely by patent attorneys as well as the actual examiners office. I have no reason to suspect it is incomplete. Based upon this search, my position is that there are none - although I remain open to contradiction.

I hope others will chime in here and post links to whatever patents exsist. If they exist, by law they must be published in the public register.

Howard

I WISH TO UPDATE MY POST TO REFLECT THE FACT THAT VC HAS LOCATED AT LEAST ONE PATENT WHICH IS RELEVANT BUT DID NOT CONTAIN THE WORD SEARCH TERM "WINDOW FILM". I AM EAGER TO FIND OTHER RELEVANT PATENTS AND STUDY THEM. HOWARD

:beer:spit says :beer

I edited this post to reflect my disbelief of t4f's post not ewf's post

Stan, I'm glad you don't believe me and furthermore, thank you for sharing your 'reflection' with everyone else. Since you're a global dealer yourself, it's very noble of you to defend a fellow Global colleague. Next time you visit Los Angeles, stop by and say hello to Sergio. I'm pretty sure he'll be more than enthusiastic to cross swords with you. :lol2

If I may . . .

Stan is not only my esteemed colleague, he is without question the premier window film installation educator in the USA and quite possibly the world. We are honored to serve an account of his caliber. Should he ever visit Placentia, Sergio will roll out a red carpet and show Stan the respect he deserves. His sword shall remain sheathed.

Stan is also a handsome devil and a perfect gentleman at all times.

-hp

Guest tintgod
If I may . . .

Stan is not only my esteemed colleague, he is without question the premier window film installation educator in the USA and quite possibly the world. We are honored to serve an account of his caliber. Should he ever visit Placentia, Sergio will roll out a red carpet and show Stan the respect he deserves. His sword shall remain sheathed.

Stan is also a handsome devil and a perfect gentleman at all times.

-hp

OK...now this is getting a little weird here. :spit

Archived