Express Window Films - ceramic line

Guest thatsnappyguy

We must all adapt to the new age. Im not loosing any money on this deal. I charge what I would normally charge, minus the materials. I make the same profit either way, but I see what you mean. If they dont want it done, oh well, just another one that didn't bite.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rob, I think that no matter how hard anyone tries, the ecommerce world is going to eventually weed out all the middlemen in the world of retail. I have a few contractors that I do storefronts for and THEY supply the film. What this does is insure that the film mfr that has specked the film is guaranteed that is what is bought and installed ( little opportunity to provide a equal) and does not provide a opportunity for dealers to profit on the complete project, but just on labor. It is only going to become more and more common in the years to come so installers better be ready for it.

Hmmm, then so much for the term 'Window Film Dealer.' I guess everyone will do what they have to do then...

We must all adapt to the new age. Im not loosing any money on this deal. I charge what I would normally charge, minus the materials. I make the same profit either way, but I see what you mean. If they dont want it done, oh well, just another one that didn't bite.

Good to here you are making growth margins. But if they do not go with you then they will find someone to put it up for them... the more it becomes an installers model, the harder it will be for you to compete. The dynamics will change for everyone for sure.

We have more than a decade of experience in consumer direct internet sales of these products. Llumar has their Gila division and we took a decision not to sit idly by and let them have that entire space to themselves.

The average direct sale to a consumer is on the order of 45-60 sq/ft. While there are of course exceptions, we see no evidence that people are ready and willing to take on the kind installations that our professional clients routinely handle on a daily basis.

Of the exceptions we do see, it's usually someone from the maintenance department who has some prior experience handling film and persuades their boss or the property owner to let them have a go at it. Because funding is so often an issue, the only way some facilities can get anything done is to use internal labor whenever possible.

The DIY market extends to everything from plumbing, electrical work, carpentry and masonry. Some people even change their own motor oil, but the local Jiffy Lube stays pretty busy where I live.

-Howard

Guest Crackz

I personally love when they try to do it themself they have a new respect for the pro when we come in and do it 123 and listen to there horror stories

Guest VaTinterPMan

There are some pics on here if I remember...One I know for sure someone added to a SUV and it matched up pretty good to he Factory Glass...But he used 20% and Me myself am against that unless you have a exemption..I just think if your not the law and you dont have any medical issue 35% to 30% is dark enough on the fronts...IMO :twocents

Archived