PPF Recommendation needed

Guest jain1980

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:thumb

I did a 2010 Prius...xpel on the mirrors..solar gaurd on the hood...venture on the fenders and top of the bumper cover....and 3M on the lower half of the bumper. This car was black. All the film looked good but the venture looked the best. I should have taken a picture. It was a showroom car and was sold.

I should have put some avery on it....but they wont give me a sample.

:twocents

:lol

I did a 2010 Prius...xpel on the mirrors..solar gaurd on the hood...venture on the fenders and top of the bumper cover....and 3M on the lower half of the bumper. This car was black. All the film looked good but the venture looked the best. I should have taken a picture. It was a showroom car and was sold.

I should have put some avery on it....but they wont give me a sample.

:beer

Rainbow

The Aerospace film is intended for airplanes, and they don't care if the paint comes off when its removed. I'd stick with something that's designed for automotive applications.

Actually this is not a "good call". The adhesive I have found is stronger the Venture Ultra but not as strong as 3M is. It is MUCH easier to remove than 3M... and after 6 years of using it now I have yet to see of ever hear of film lifting paint. I have seen 3M lift a few times though... and had times where the film came off in little pieces instead of a sheet. ClearMask does stand behind the warranty as well and I have spoken with Jim about paint lifting issues and he does cover it if it happens.

I personally have only seen paint lift/peel if its not OEM paint and a sh!tty respray. How about you keep using what your using and I will keep using what I am using :lol

Spot on Albert NO film is accountable for Paint Pull it is ALWAYS a crap paint job end of, anyone other than a noob knows this if they have been around long enough to figure it out.

Three reasons paint puls.

1) Film fitted before paint has cured clear coat still slightly tacky film bonds to clear coat clearcoat detatches when film removed

2) Primer not keyed (sanded) correctly so that the base coat (color coat) doesnt bond correctly therefore when film (any film) is removed basecoat and clearcoat detach from primer. This is easy to spot as the primer will be very smooth to the touch and there will be no sanding marks in it.

3) Smart repairs done with a a single pack clear coat (there are two types single and two pack) single pack clear coats use alcohol as a thinner (youre ahead of me right) :lol You hit that with alcohol during fitting and guess what the clear coat softens and bonds to the film. When you come to take it off you get the same effect as 1) above. The solution to this is to warn the customer ahead of time and get them to ensure the paintshop only uses a two pack clear coat.

When paint comes off its is NEVER your fault nor is it the FILMS FAULT . Just because some moron in 3M was stupid enough to warranty paint pull and create the impression that film can cause this, dont make it so. It just means that someone in 3M is a complete asshat!

The paintshop who did the repaint will always try and blame the film or the installer if you let them get away away with it then you are dumber than 3M are imho:)

Please lets stop the undeducated idiocy of comparing films on characteristics that are technically incorect. let me restate NONE OF THE FILMS ARE THE CAUSE OF PAINT PULL ITS THE PAINT!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Tom

Guest jain1980
venture ultra :spit

Going ahead with a few rolls of VS Ultra. Wondering whether all VS ultra rolls come with the Ventureshield logo printed on the backing sheet or there are even rolls with plain backing available.

venture ultra :lol

Going ahead with a few rolls of VS Ultra. Wondering whether all VS ultra rolls come with the Ventureshield logo printed on the backing sheet or there are even rolls with plain backing available.

usually its printed on. I have got one roll outta ten maybe that didn't have the printed backing, but it was a 12 inch roll

Archived