PPF Recommendation needed

Guest jain1980

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest davesglass&tint

Where are you guys buying from we are finding alot of suppliers are out and on back order for the coated films? We need some 55 to 60 inch wide film Thanks Dave

The Aerospace film is intended for airplanes, and they don't care if the paint comes off when its removed. I'd stick with something that's designed for automotive applications.

Actually this is not a "good call". The adhesive I have found is stronger the Venture Ultra but not as strong as 3M is. It is MUCH easier to remove than 3M... and after 6 years of using it now I have yet to see of ever hear of film lifting paint. I have seen 3M lift a few times though... and had times where the film came off in little pieces instead of a sheet. ClearMask does stand behind the warranty as well and I have spoken with Jim about paint lifting issues and he does cover it if it happens.

I was waiting for you to mention the yellow hue it gets after it ages a few years...guess it looks fine on a yellow car!

I have tried just about every film on the market. I found that ClearMask AR (3M Aerospace grade film) is the best all around film. Same appearance as Venture Ultra but the adhesive is much better and it cuts your install time down considerably. It is also much more durable than Ultra and does not scuff easily. Great overall film. Give it a shot.

ClearMask.com

Ive tried clearmask ar and had nothing but a nightmare. film is good looking, installs like a breeze, but does not adhere. Major peeling issues from my experience. Used 3M for 11 years, great adhesive but does leave some stretch lines.

Just got some VS ultra samples..Everything except the adhesive is good. The adhesive I am afraid is on the weaker side.

The Venture adhesive is pretty aggressive, and I have all but confirmation that they are now using the 3M adhesive. Wondering if you may have received some older film.. or older film samples. You should talk with your distributor and confirm what you have received.

Archived