Funny story from yesterday about a dealer...

So we get a call from a salesperson I'm friendly with at a dealership, he sends me a few cars here and there, sort of high end cars. They have another shop that does their tint/ppf work, but some of the guys send their work to me instead. So back to the call, they tell my guy working the phones that they need to bring the car by, the tint is "too thick" and is scratching the tint. It's a 2009 BMW e90 so I think that it's a bit odd since I've done at least 2 dozen and have yet to see any issues with scratching on a since one of them. So we tell them to bring it by and we'll do what we need to do.

I was thinking this car was one I did recently, I've done maybe 5 in the last 2 weeks, but it wasn't, turns out I did it in November. So I go outside with the salesman to look at what's up with the tint, and the tint on all 4 doors is removed. So I'm like WTF? How am I supposed to look in to warranty issue if there is no tint for me to see the issue. So we go around and around, he's being cool understanding where I'm coming from, he says that the service side took it to the other tint shop and when he went over there he stopped them before they stripped the back window too, and brought it over to me. Since he's helped me with a few car purchases and such, I went ahead and tinted the 4 doors, but jesus.

:beach No film, no warranty. Did they ask for a different shade?

Nah, same shade, no pay, I just gave them the benefit of the doubt, since they "mistakenly" took it to the primary tint shop. I sincerely doubt all 4 windows were scratched, like I said, never seen a problem on the newer 3 series.

I over heard her friend say to her, did you get the ticket taking care off? I said Hum? What ticket? she said Oh that's after the warranty problem. I told her I will give you the rear windows but not the fronts. NO WAY!!! She stomped out of the shop. I said to Her you are welcome!

I over heard her friend say to her, did you get the ticket taking care off? I said Hum? What ticket? she said Oh that's after the warranty problem. I told her I will give you the rear windows but not the fronts. NO WAY!!! She stomped out of the shop. I said to Her you are welcome!

Friggin people think they can get away with anything :beach

Guest willie
:dunno No film, no warranty. Did they ask for a different shade?

Nah, same shade, no pay, I just gave them the benefit of the doubt, since they "mistakenly" took it to the primary tint shop. I sincerely doubt all 4 windows were scratched, like I said, never seen a problem on the newer 3 series.

Good job, it will come back to you in the long run :beach

Archived