09 Lancer

TintWizard

I know the 2008's need felt..... Top of door panel pops back with the assistance of a bone tool and you can snatch out the sweeps (seems like there is 1 screw to remove)

Hopefully 2009 has felt ! :beach

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One stopped by today and wants it done Monday... I wasn't sure if it needed felt or not. Thanks guys Flaugh.gif

Only problem is I just realized I have about 2 feet of felt left. Tint Wizard (since you're in Canada), is there any place you can buy felt around? Or will I just have to get more from the supplier and put off the car till I get it in... I've never really looked around for it in stores :beer

Guest Mo Evo

I tint these in huge numbers thanks to having 4 Mitsu dealers in my network. No felt needed but you will have to remove door panels and do some minor surgery. To remove the rear panels there are 3 screws...one towards the front of the door hidden under a plastic cap, one behind the door latch under a plastic cover and another behind the door pull, again with a plastic cover. Then remove the hard rubber from atop the metal and surgically remove the lower hard plastic liner with your olfa. The fronts are pretty much the same except the screw with the plastic cap is at the rear of the panel. The A pilar's small speaker will fall off when you remove the panel. Good luck, easy money!

Guest Crackz
One stopped by today and wants it done Monday... I wasn't sure if it needed felt or not. Thanks guys :beer

Only problem is I just realized I have about 2 feet of felt left. Tint Wizard (since you're in Canada), is there any place you can buy felt around? Or will I just have to get more from the supplier and put off the car till I get it in... I've never really looked around for it in stores :beer

no problem if your out of felt use the soft side of velcro it works the same got me out of some binds while ordering felt :beer

One stopped by today and wants it done Monday... I wasn't sure if it needed felt or not. Thanks guys :cool

no problem if your out of felt use the soft side of velcro it works the same got me out of some binds while ordering felt :beer

Thanks Joe! Didn't think of that one :beer

I tint these in huge numbers thanks to having 4 Mitsu dealers in my network. No felt needed but you will have to remove door panels and do some minor surgery. To remove the rear panels there are 3 screws...one towards the front of the door hidden under a plastic cap, one behind the door latch under a plastic cover and another behind the door pull, again with a plastic cover. Then remove the hard rubber from atop the metal and surgically remove the lower hard plastic liner with your olfa. The fronts are pretty much the same except the screw with the plastic cap is at the rear of the panel. The A pilar's small speaker will fall off when you remove the panel. Good luck, easy money!

Thanks for the in depth removal of the panels thumb.gif However with all due respect, I've never made it a habit of cutting out rub rails..I just have a problem with it myself ..I'm too worried about wind whistle..I figured it was put on a car for a reason :beer

Archived