Residential Film Adhesive ?

I know of pressure sensitive film (guess that is what PS stands for)

What are any other type of residential film adhesive, and which is preferred ?

Is all residential installed with the same slip mix as Automotive ?

CDA: "A mounting adhesive that uses water to activate and form a chemical bond between the glass and film, adhering the film to the glass during installation. This adhesive offers a strong bond, film clarity and longevity."

Clear (I always thought it meant contact) dry adhesive, easier to install, a bear to remove though.

Guest absolutetinting

3m/solar matrix(sungard).........................DPS-dry pressure sensitive

lulu.........................................................CDF-clear distortion free

madico/solar gard/global..........................CDA/DA-clear dry adhesive

hanita.....................................................WAA-water activate adhesive

they are all similar, but DPS has a powder(like talc) coating to make it dry. not to fond of it.

did I miss any?

lulu.........................................................CDF-clear distortion free

hanita.....................................................WAA-water activate adhesive

they are all similar, but DPS has a powder(like talc) coating to make it dry. not to fond of it.

did I miss any?

That about covers it.

Guest General Sun Shield

did I miss any?

I hated DPS.Basically had to drench the film to wash away the powder or you would have dry spots. Sun Gard told me years ago(about 15 years) that DPS stood for detactified pressure sensitive.

CDA: "A mounting adhesive that uses water to activate and form a chemical bond between the glass and film, adhering the film to the glass during installation. This adhesive offers a strong bond, film clarity and longevity."

Clear (I always thought it meant contact) dry adhesive, easier to install, a bear to remove though.

You aint kidding...I find it easier to remove the adhesive dry rather than getting it wet. Always a great workout though!

did I miss any?

suntek.............CDA

Archived