tips for doing a jetta 2002

Just got done tinting my Jetta and It was the first tint job that I did. Anyone remove door panels because of the double gasket on this car? What are some things that you guys did to make the process go by quicker and easier? I spent like 2 hours on just the back glass, but just remember... I just started. I did it with 5% Lumar on the 4 Side windows and 15% on the back window so I can see backing up at night. Any tips will be greatly considered.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just got done tinting my Jetta and It was the first tint job that I did. Anyone remove door panels because of the double gasket on this car? What are some things that you guys did to make the process go by quicker and easier? I spent like 2 hours on just the back glass, but just remember... I just started. I did it with 5% Lumar on the 4 Side windows and 15% on the back window so I can see backing up at night. Any tips will be greatly considered.

ilove when they say that, I will put 5 on the sides but want to be safe I will put 15 on the rear. no need to see through your sides at night

well, today I pulled the 5% off because It didnt look the way I wanted it too. I thought it would be nice because people couldnt see in my car but then I realized that when I could only see headlights and nothing else that it was a Problem. But I am considering changing the tint to all 15 on the back 3 and 35% on the front, think it would look alot better, and I would be able to actually see at night time haha! Any other tips for the black dotted areas around the edge of the glass? Whats that called.. a "dot matrix" or something like that?

Anyone have any more tips for the Back Glass?

Yup, take it to a professional.

I dont need to take it to a professional since I was able to heatshrink it with my heatgun and also I removed the rear deck so I could get the tint inbetween where the tail light would go

Archived